Sonic Electronix

Please help! Apparently a H/O alternator for Honda Fits is nearly impossible?!

I have a 2010 Honda Fit Sport, and apparently Honda's are the only cars on the planet that have an Electronic Control Module that regulates the alternator's output level. You can read about it here http://opensiuc.lib....ntext=auto_pres, but from what I've researched, the Honda Fit stock alt is incapable of being replaced by a High Output one, and that the only way to improve the alternator is to get it rewired for high output.

The problem is, freaking NOBODY sells anything alternator-related for a Honda Fit. I've searched for hours, and unless I'm retarded, I can't find shit. I think at one point a while back I found H/O alts for 2008 Fits, but it was neither a 2010 nor for a sport model...and I can't find that page anymore, so that's useless....

According to Honda Fit-specific forums, some people said they were able to rewire their 2010 Honda Fit sport alternators for high output, but I can't get a hold of them to ask them how they went about doing it. But apparently, H/O alt rewiring kits are also made for specific cars, and I can't even find a rewiring kit for a 2010 Fit....

I didn't realize the guts to an alternator had to be specific to the car...or are they not? I figured, if the shape of the alt was the same so it could just fit right back into your car, you could get any kind of rewiring done to it and it wouldn't matter...I figured high output is high output, and didn't need to be vehicle-specific?

Does anyone have any information that could help me? I'm In the Dallas/Fort worth area, so if anyone knows of nearby auto shops that would be able to help me, please let me know! This is driving me nuts.

When you have a alt rewound though the idle output and over all performance drops like a turd.

Your also going to shove different components in a factory housing...

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

When you have a alt rewound though the idle output and over all performance drops like a turd.

Your also going to shove different components in a factory housing...

You're just referring to the Honda Fit alt, right? 'Cause I know plenty of other people with other cars that have had their alternators rewired for high output and they acted like a normal H/O alt. Didn't have any problems.

Have singer do it, his units are just redone stock alts anyway

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13

have you ever tried mechman for a alt

they can fit a alternator on just about anything

also you keep saying "they re wired the stock alt for high amp" so they tore the case apart and put new insides in it.. just for a few extra amps..

ive known a couple ppl get thier stock alts rewrapped for maybe 50 to 60 more amps but then the alt gets soo hot its not worth it

have you ever tried mechman for a alt

they can fit a alternator on just about anything

also you keep saying "they re wired the stock alt for high amp" so they tore the case apart and put new insides in it.. just for a few extra amps..

ive known a couple ppl get thier stock alts rewrapped for maybe 50 to 60 more amps but then the alt gets soo hot its not worth it

Well I don't know HOW they did it, but they just said they rewired it to be high output...that's the extent of my knowledge about it lol. I don't think the issue of getting an alternator to fit in the car is the issue, so much as the Electronic Control Module...I'm no engineer, so I can't make complete sense of how it works, and what can be done to it, but from what I've read, getting a new H/O alt won't change how the ECM regulates it, but apparently rewiring the existing one will....I don't get it :/ which is why I'm asking you people lol.

Maybe I need to contact engineers that actually MADE the Honda engine/ECM system, and ask them if there's a way to bypass the stupid regulating thing...I went into a dealership at some point a while back and asked the engineers there, but they were just like "nah you can't do it." But apparently there are people out there that have done it, so there must be a way....

I can check with Mechman, but the problem really lies within the car's electrical system.....I researched, and apparently Honda's are the ONLY cars with this alternator output-regulating system in it, which makes my alternator predicament different than any of you non-Honda owners. Unless you have a Honda with this ECM system. In which case, teach me your ways O_O

Edited by bullet4mv92

Hit up a newer Honda forum and see what they have to say. Someone may have done what you are looking to do, or atleast know what you can do

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13