XS Power

How to change a 12v to 16v charging system??

uness u mean from 14v charging to 16v charging?? then its the same as wat was mentioned above. but 14v batteries and an alt with an external reg to charge at about 16.5 (i do believe 14v batts love that) and a step down.

Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/152368-littlebuck1919s-feedback/#entry2177586

i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

6/18/82 - 4/17/12

R.I.P. to my sister Shana

i know you wont like this advice but i hope you listen to it. you are not ready for a 16v system. if you do it wrong you can fuck up your car pretty good. just be cautious. a 16v system is no joke.

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

what if i ran all the original wiring and alt for the truck and then did a after market alt and wiring for the 16v?

Sorry 16 volts and up is no joke and not for noobs, if a professional installer install for you ok. What you post here is a shot in the dark, there is nothing to wire at 16 volts, its to charge @ those volts. Let it be, read in the forum a vew month and you will know whats to do.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Buy the time you get batteries and your just using 1 alt its not worth it.... that's if you do seperate 12v 16v system. you should be able to do 14v batterys use both alternators and no stepdowns.just buy a vcm or adj voltage harness. be careful going above 17v on stock electronics they won't like it..computer and ighs amps.. I love my 14v batterys..saw a nice gain from 12v

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

what if i ran all the original wiring and alt for the truck and then did a after market alt and wiring for the 16v?

that would be a good way to do it, yes.

why do you want a 16v system?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Because im going to run a dc 5k amp and with two dc xl 15s and with a 16v system the amp will push 6k instead of 5k so that way each sub gets 3k which would

be perfect because they rms at 2200. and im not a "Noob" thank you. just because i havent been on the forum all doesnt make me a "Noob". im just asking a question

about how to do something.

AMF Till I Die!