Road to 150+ with single 15.

Hopefully all the street classes are good this year.

I moved up to street 5.

look who pays a visit :D ... But Street class does seems interesting this year. Thought about putting my back seat on and give S2 a try buy competing in both dbdrag and meca with one car is really not ideal as the rules are different

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db

Powered by: Sundown Audio

I've had 3 different buddies go to world finals from phx, all of them say they hit 2-4db higher out there than here. Don't know if its the barometric pressure, humidity, whatever it is. I'm very interested in going to world finals. Gotta break in the HDC4 15 first and see how that does. Oh yeah, Street 2

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

Came across my own thread, I can add some more info.

Placed 3rd at meca world finals in street 2. Scored a 148.7.

Haven't worked on it much this year but unofficially up at 149.3.

Single sundown z v.3 15 on a dd m3a. I can add more power or put the meter in the kick, both will put me into 150's but this is my street 2 set up so i'm sticking with what I got.

Have any pics of your current setup?

X

MY BUILD LOG>>>> NAH I BETTER NOT..

Here is a link to a build that I did off similar power in my Focus. All metering was done on the dash with the car sealed so I could see some improvement with windows open in your case. The vehicle that you have is very good for spl and I'm sure you will get loud soon enough.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/52678-small-spl-build-for-my-zx3-with-numbers/?hl=+nightshade

Thanks man! I've read through your threads quite a bit!

Getting pretty close to the goal David! Have you try resin the box?

Not yet, it'll probably be the last thing I try. Never done it before so.....we'll see! Lol.

Haha you were the guy that knocked us out of qualifying last year. I have to say I did not expect the numbers you did

Thanks a lot man! I appreciate it! Who were you if you do not mind me asking?

street 2 in meca might be a tad interesting this year

It sure will be! I do not get a lot of time to play around with car audio this year due to school and work. But i'll try my best to win!

I moved up to street 5.

Psh...hurry up and do that 160 tommy.

I moved up to street 5.

look who pays a visit :D ... But Street class does seems interesting this year. Thought about putting my back seat on and give S2 a try buy competing in both dbdrag and meca with one car is really not ideal as the rules are different

Come at me jeff!

I've had 3 different buddies go to world finals from phx, all of them say they hit 2-4db higher out there than here. Don't know if its the barometric pressure, humidity, whatever it is. I'm very interested in going to world finals. Gotta break in the HDC4 15 first and see how that does. Oh yeah, Street 2

I love my hdc4. But not gonna lie, it sucks in the spl game. Example; I have this one box every 15 I put in there peaks around 45. The hdc4, 35hz. It does great numbers @35hz for what it is. But I have never gotten it to peak higher. Good daily sub though!

Came across my own thread, I can add some more info.

Placed 3rd at meca world finals in street 2. Scored a 148.7.

Haven't worked on it much this year but unofficially up at 149.3.

Single sundown z v.3 15 on a dd m3a. I can add more power or put the meter in the kick, both will put me into 150's but this is my street 2 set up so i'm sticking with what I got.

Have any pics of your current setup?

X

I do not right now. It's close to nightshade's box^^ The one at world finals last year was standard slot port. L shape with a bend. That box had more in it, I might try to build a replica and see.....

'11, '12, '13, and '14 Meca Street 2 AL State Champ

AL Meca Street 2 Record Holder(151.6)

2012 Meca Street 2 World Finals - 3rd Place(148.7)

2013 Meca Street 2 World Finals - 2nd Place(151.1)

Hey, need as much competition as possible! Makes it more fun....till someone like Tommyk shows up in your class lol.

• 1 year later...

Wow, was browsing and came across my old thread. Well I achieved this goal at last year's meca world finals. I scored a 151.1 at 53 hz with a sundown z v.3 on aq 3500 off of an 80 amp fuse at the headrest. I haven't had much time to work on it due to school and getting married but hope I can post up a 52 in the future.

Wow, was browsing and came across my old thread. Well I achieved this goal at last year's meca world finals. I scored a 151.1 at 53 hz with a sundown z v.3 on aq 3500 off of an 80 amp fuse at the headrest. I haven't had much time to work on it due to school and getting married but hope I can post up a 52 in the future.

Care to share how you gained 3+ dB? Just new woofer/amp or some other tweaks? Inquiring minds want to know.

80 amp fuse on a 3500?

2008 Subaru WRX STI

K&N Typhoon Intake

Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat

Cobb Accessport

Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning

320awhp 330ft-lb awtq

MTX 421D Sub amp

American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp

Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4

JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components

3sixty.2

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure

Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/

Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers

9 Goldwood 4" mids (each)

12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each)

NAD 1020 Preamp

MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor

Thorens TD166mkII Turntable

Hafler DH-200 Amplifier

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/

https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass

Lol I missed your reply. I was with the bald guy in the Mercedes wagon with 2 15s. Did like a 147.x

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build