Mids/ High Mounting Question -- need help

I did this kind of but only because the factory grill location was a perfect 6.5" hole and a simple mdf ring baffle made it work. Used another mdf ring screwed together from the back to sandwich it to the panel. Also have a ton of deadener on the back of the panel itself.

IMAG0581.jpg

IMAG0579.jpg

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Looks like your driveing SAAB, the door panels are quite stiff but I wouldn't recomend such an installation. You can use the SAAB's original place for midbass and place midrange/tweeter on your dashboard. It works fine for SQ and can be loud to if the installator is skilled!

you can only get so loud with one tweet like i have and a 5.25 in the factory location

some people would be content with it, but me, not so much

Bad location in the back of the doors.

Use the stock location and modify it if necessary to get them to fit and get the tweets up near the sail panels if you have any or in the A-pillars.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Bad location in the back of the doors.

Use the stock location and modify it if necessary to get them to fit and get the tweets up near the sail panels if you have any or in the A-pillars.

This. The stock location is one of the best areas for the midbass. And pillar or sail panel is the best place for the tweeter. In the back part of the door will sound like shit with no point of good center reference, and will be blocked by the person and the seat. and one good tweeter should get plenty loud for any normal build.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Looks like your driveing SAAB, the door panels are quite stiff but I wouldn't recomend such an installation. You can use the SAAB's original place for midbass and place midrange/tweeter on your dashboard. It works fine for SQ and can be loud to if the installator is skilled!

you can only get so loud with one tweet like i have and a 5.25 in the factory location

If you want to go very loud I think you should go for the Digital Designs VO-M6,5 or perhaps the 8 inch VO-M8. With the sensitivity of 98dB for the 6" you could go for 122dB for one speaker at 256W, +3dB when doubled as a pair. Loud enough to get permanent hearing damage and they go for an easy fit in the stock location to. Eights can be fitted behind the door panels in both OG9-5, NG9-3 and newer SS modells.

VO-M6 : http://www.ddaudio.com/products/mobile-audio/specialty-drivers/vo-series/vo-m65.aspx

VO-M8 : http://www.ddaudio.com/products/mobile-audio/specialty-drivers/vo-series/vo-m8.aspx

If such results are not good enough I think one need to build new door panels with multiplied speakers. I would put the speakers in front of the door and low. For my own car I recently bought four tens, which theoretically should be able to produce 132dB at 512W before cabin gain. As a try-out.

Edited by Yirgacheffe

If you want to go very loud I think you should go for the Digital Designs VO-M6,5 or perhaps the 8 inch VO-M8. With the sensitivity of 98dB for the 6" you could go for 122dB for one speaker at 256W, +3dB when doubled as a pair. Loud enough to get permanent hearing damage and they go for an easy fit in the stock location to. Eights can be fitted behind the door panels in both OG9-5, NG9-3 and newer SS modells.

VO-M6 : http://www.ddaudio.c...ies/vo-m65.aspx

VO-M8 : http://www.ddaudio.c...ries/vo-m8.aspx

If such results are not good enough I think one need to build new door panels with multiplied speakers. I would put the speakers in front of the door and low. For my own car I recently bought four tens, which theoretically should be able to produce 132dB at 512W before cabin gain. As a try-out.

exactly the speakers im going to use, one vo 6.5 and one vo b1

question is...where??

Suggest to start with stock / factory location for the VO-M6,5. Pods for B1 at A-pilars if you like to build stuff and experiment for greater sound.

If you want to go really loud, think of eights or maybe active 3-way with for eg B1 + 6,5" + 8" for more punch sound from custom made doors.

Expect to use lots of silencer / sound dampening / sound deadening in your car and seriously, if you use maximum sound levels from such a DD system.

Edited by Yirgacheffe

Suggest to start with stock / factory location for the VO-M6,5. Pods for B1 at A-pilars if you like to build stuff and experiment for greater sound.

If you want to go really loud, think of eights or maybe active 3-way with for eg B1 + 6,5" + 8" for more punch sound from custom made doors.

Expect to use lots of silencer / sound dampening / sound deadening in your car and seriously, if you use maximum sound levels from such a DD system.

gains set with DD1

panels deadened

stock space is only a 5.25.....

panels deadened

stock space is only a 5.25.....

Strange, it should work to mount 6.5 "in front doors, remove the door side and not just the speakers grid. Sorry, but we have got a lot of nice SAAB cars around here and people do it so I really don't understand why you can't make it.