Guest Posted April 29, 2012 Report Posted April 29, 2012 deal with the crap bose system and save up til you can replace everything at once
Bmike Posted April 29, 2012 Report Posted April 29, 2012 jared420 im doing the same thing, got my amps now im working on my comps, you can put and amp on them bose, just dont expect anything great. 2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd crescendo ft-1 supertweeters pioneer m650 pros audiocontrol 2xs crossover Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas
Jared420 Posted April 29, 2012 Author Report Posted April 29, 2012 The only reason there wasn't a change between my stock head unit and the pioneer app radio is because the Appradio only has 2 RCA outs one for my sub amp and the stock Bose needs 2 for itself so I had to use y splitters for the rcas going to the factory system. So I'm guessing it's less power signal going to the stock system. 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Jared420 Posted April 29, 2012 Author Report Posted April 29, 2012 jared420 im doing the same thing, got my amps now im working on my comps, you can put and amp on them bose, just dont expect anything great. but you can doit and it helps a bit? 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Jared420 Posted September 15, 2012 Author Report Posted September 15, 2012 Not to bring back an older thread but i figured I'd throw my experience with this in here for future reference. It was a bit of a pain in the a$$ but I put a little alpine 4 channel (in my sig) on my Bose system and it really brought the speakers to life. The stock Bose amp is jus no good must barely be putting out any power to them. I think now I'm putting 30-40 watts to them and they sound much louder, crisper, cleaner. No distortion. I realize they are still Bose speakers and a better component set would be another world better but for anyone looking to save a little money on a new component set or sets putting a small 4 ch on Bose speakers will make a good difference. For me money isn't the problem, if I really wanted to put better components in I would have but I tried the amp first because if I already had the amp and the wiring and the Bose speakers didn't work out how I wanted them I already have it half done. I'm only running 3 sealed 10s and the bass isn't so overpowering that I need anything more for a balanced sound. Hopefully this will help someone else in the future 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
HunterJohnson Posted September 15, 2012 Report Posted September 15, 2012 Just installed an al Scion tC SQ BuildiPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily drivenFord Explorer C Pillar Wall Build Just a cheap car to destroy with bass
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.