Jared420 Posted April 29, 2012 Report Posted April 29, 2012 I'm wondering if there's a way to add a 4 channel to power my Bose speakers better in my truck. They sound really good and clean but I'd like them to get a little louder if I can for when I add my subs. I am guessing there's a way to do it but I don't know if you have to do something special because there's already internal amplifiers for the speakers, and I'd like to be able to keep the little 6.5" driver for extra midbass. 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
andrew018018 Posted April 29, 2012 Report Posted April 29, 2012 i don't know if this will help you but a few of my friends have these bose systems in their cars, i'm sure if you stay pop testing the wires and everything, you will mange to put a 4channel in.. but IMO the speakers wouldnt take more power My System (in VW golf/Rabbit mk2) (1) Hifonics Brutus 2010D @ 1ohm (1) Hifonics Zeus 440 Mids'nhighs (3) JBL W10Gti subs (2) JBL GTO838 (2) JBL GTO936 (1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc (1) Ac Delco120ah 850cca battery (front) (1) Ac Delco 45ah 330cca battery (rear) (1)Sony Gt630ui hu 34hz tuning
Bmike Posted April 29, 2012 Report Posted April 29, 2012 Ihave four BOSE 6.5s on a rockford p400-2 right now, lets just say all the audible distortion is gone now that they have rcas and an amp. And decently loud. But by no means are they comparable to many of the brands used by alot of the people on this or any other site, such as pioneer, rockford, kenwood or alpine etc . 2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd crescendo ft-1 supertweeters pioneer m650 pros audiocontrol 2xs crossover Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas
KillaCam Posted April 29, 2012 Report Posted April 29, 2012 They are probably already running off some factory crossover/amp. It would be a headache to deal with that and a 4 channel. If I were you I would rip them all out and put something different in, but thats just me. Well... reading > me And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. B5 Passat Build Log
Guest Posted April 29, 2012 Report Posted April 29, 2012 either deal with the stock bose, or rip it all out and install aftermarket speakers. absolutely no point and way too much hassle for adding a 4 channel
Jared420 Posted April 29, 2012 Author Report Posted April 29, 2012 They are probably already running off some factory crossover/amp. It would be a headache to deal with that and a 4 channel. If I were you I would rip them all out and put something different in, but thats just me. Right that's what I think they are doing I was just wondering if there's a way to add an amp to give them a bit more juice. I may end up replacing it all down the road, but there are too many other things ahead of that on the list of things to do. It will work for now I may want an upgrade after a while but I figured if I could put them on a 4 channel then at least I would already have an amp then I could chip away at buying better speakers for the future 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Bmike Posted April 29, 2012 Report Posted April 29, 2012 The bose amp in that thing is garbage! 2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd crescendo ft-1 supertweeters pioneer m650 pros audiocontrol 2xs crossover Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas
Eduardo Andrade Posted April 29, 2012 Report Posted April 29, 2012 bose is just garbage in general, anyone who knows anything about audio knows that bose is just a marketing firm, not really an audio company. Clarion CZ401 Power Acoustik LT-980/2 dbLink 8 gauge kit DXi 104 4 ohm DVC x2 Sealed Enclosure
cal Posted April 29, 2012 Report Posted April 29, 2012 i would imagine that are designed to sound the best with little power .your better off getting something after market
Jared420 Posted April 29, 2012 Author Report Posted April 29, 2012 I realize that it's better to rip them out and start over but like I said I would rather do it over time and if it's possible to have the first thing I buy be an amp that I could throw on the Bose to make them better for a little while I'd like to do that. And I'm not talking about pushin th crap out of them. I know they can't handle as much as a nicer set of speakers. 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.