Omega5002 Posted December 27, 2012 Author Report Posted December 27, 2012 Thanks. I had a little setback last night as far as finishing, but I may be moving forward here very soon on it. I'm hoping to get the signal sources all wrapped up by the next week or so, and then I can get started on other things. My alt shipped today, and the new head unit shipped today, so things are moving. Just not in the order or as fast as I'd like them to. How much 4ga etc do you need, give me a list so I can see if I can send you a care package! Can't wait to see how it turns out then Well, I was planning on getting 25 ft of 4 gauge (20ft for power wire, 5ft for ground), 80 amp fuse, 2 rca's, 2 splitters so I run all 4 channels on the front input of my headunit to keep the fader setup since I'm planning on running active, and some 16 gauge ofc speaker wire. That's what I need so far for the 4 channel to be up and running. Anything you have that you're willing to give would be extremely appreciated 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
scooter99 Posted December 28, 2012 Report Posted December 28, 2012 I'll have some updates either tonight or tomorrow. I'm going to check some things out before I make a final decision. But i think, and we're not going to get too into this until final decision is made, the HVAC controls are going to go up in the headliner, and then the head unit will go where those were at. So the crap part of that is that I have now more alterations to make on the dash piece, but in the end it will be so freaking nice! I'll take a look when I get home. I know this, I'm going to be making all my own RCA's for the car, so I have a set of 4ch Stinger RCA's in my truck. I won't have any use for those so I'll send those to you. Don't have any y's though. So I can't help you there. As far as 4 ga, I'll have to see what I have. I know I can get you ground, but power I'm not sure. I have some on a real, but I'm now thinking about selling the whole real cause I'm going to be using all 1/0ga for my Crescendo's. Speaker wire, I have twisted pair stinger pro wire, I can't remember if it's 16ga or 14ga. I'll look. But I may have to use that. So, let me see what I have in my box of tricks and I'll let you know. You have a fuse block? What kind of 80 amp fuse do you need? ANL? Mini ANL? What? I may have one of those too. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Omega5002 Posted December 28, 2012 Author Report Posted December 28, 2012 I'll have some updates either tonight or tomorrow. I'm going to check some things out before I make a final decision. But i think, and we're not going to get too into this until final decision is made, the HVAC controls are going to go up in the headliner, and then the head unit will go where those were at. So the crap part of that is that I have now more alterations to make on the dash piece, but in the end it will be so freaking nice! I'll take a look when I get home. I know this, I'm going to be making all my own RCA's for the car, so I have a set of 4ch Stinger RCA's in my truck. I won't have any use for those so I'll send those to you. Don't have any y's though. So I can't help you there. As far as 4 ga, I'll have to see what I have. I know I can get you ground, but power I'm not sure. I have some on a real, but I'm now thinking about selling the whole real cause I'm going to be using all 1/0ga for my Crescendo's. Speaker wire, I have twisted pair stinger pro wire, I can't remember if it's 16ga or 14ga. I'll look. But I may have to use that. So, let me see what I have in my box of tricks and I'll let you know. You have a fuse block? What kind of 80 amp fuse do you need? ANL? Mini ANL? What? I may have one of those too. Thought about making my own rcas but I don't trust my soldering skills that well yet lol.The rca's would be great. The spliters I'll get from Parts-Express, no biggie. Any amount would be helpful. The fuse can be of any type, I'll get a holder for whether it's an AGU, ANL, or mini ANL, it will work. I'm gonna PM you details 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
scooter99 Posted December 28, 2012 Report Posted December 28, 2012 Gotcha! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
scooter99 Posted December 29, 2012 Report Posted December 29, 2012 How much speaker wire do you need? I have Stinger 14ga HPM on a spool. Not sure how much I have. May not be enough for what you need. So this is what I have: 25' - Stinger HPM smoke colored 4ga 20' - 4ga Stinger Pro Directional RCA's ?? - 14ga twisted speaker wire 1 - Mini ANL Fuse holder with 150 amp fuse in it, and I have a 40 amp fuse and a 60 amp fuse. Sorry no 80's. Let me know what you want as far as speaker wire and I'll see about getting this packaged up. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Omega5002 Posted December 29, 2012 Author Report Posted December 29, 2012 Oh wow I can take the 25' 4 gauge, and 4 channel rca's, but don't worry about the 80 amp fuse, and speaker wire, I can get those covered cause I really don't know how much speaker wire I need to be honest, but it's no biggie. Thank you again Scott, you're a very kind person. 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
scooter99 Posted December 29, 2012 Report Posted December 29, 2012 Ok. I'll get them shipped out. PM me your addy so I can send it off. I'm glad to help. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Omega5002 Posted December 29, 2012 Author Report Posted December 29, 2012 Ok. I'll get them shipped out. PM me your addy so I can send it off. I'm glad to help. Address is on the first reply 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
dog24fret Posted December 29, 2012 Report Posted December 29, 2012 What did you find out with the alt? How durable are Stinger RCAs now a days? I really like seeing guys helping help like that. Off topic,Omega do they make a after market cooling tray for the ps3 sir? Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
Omega5002 Posted December 29, 2012 Author Report Posted December 29, 2012 What did you find out with the alt? How durable are Stinger RCAs now a days? I really like seeing guys helping help like that. Off topic,Omega do they make a after market cooling tray for the ps3 sir? I'm gonna install the spare alt today to see if it's better than mine I heard good things about Stinger I've seen lots of cooling mods for ps3 around, though I still can't get mine to work, damn yellow light of death. Oh well 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.