Omega5002 Posted December 31, 2012 Author Report Posted December 31, 2012 Here's the pic of the new ground for the meantime Let me know if it's a bad ground or not 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
scooter99 Posted January 1, 2013 Report Posted January 1, 2013 I think it's fine as long as you have it down to bare metal. On mine, I just drilled it with a regular drill bit, then did a tap to thread the hole and used an allen screw to secure it and it was great. Yours looks like it will do just fine for now. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Omega5002 Posted January 1, 2013 Author Report Posted January 1, 2013 I think it's fine as long as you have it down to bare metal. On mine, I just drilled it with a regular drill bit, then did a tap to thread the hole and used an allen screw to secure it and it was great. Yours looks like it will do just fine for now. Yeah, still an improvement overall, lowest I've seen so far now is 11.4, and that's with a 0db 54hz(where I peak) tone(amp tuned with dd-1 at -5db), which used to drop 10.5 before switching grounds. I still believe I can improve on the ground though, I've been told to try the seat belt bolts as well for grounding, but I'll have to buy 3/8 ring terminals for that, which I may do with copper lugs, and switch the ground wire to ofc 4 gauge to see if I see better results as well. Also heard a battery negative terminal is the best place to ground, but that requires me to do a run of ground, or get a second battery, which I plan to do in the future. Also working on the amp rack to fit the 4 channel, and monoblock, trying to paint this time instead of wrapping to do something different. 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Omega5002 Posted January 9, 2013 Author Report Posted January 9, 2013 Update for today, made my amp rack Started out trying to paint, that was a disaster So I wrapped it in red suede Back side, looks ugly Covered up back side with black suede Test fit, exactly enough room for my aq, and kenwood Oh, and other updates, I found out that my kenwood's ground wire has a burn mark, which I knew for a long time but never cared for it till I realized it could be the cause of still ok, but bad voltage drops, so since the kenwood will be closer to the grounding source, and I have 10' of Audio Technix 0 gauge, gonna swap out the old 4 gauge with the 0 gauge for better grounding. And I'm having a new idea, I wanted to run 2 15's as a next upgrade, but I realized it would cost me alot of money due to electrical upgrades needed, wire, batteries since I wanted to an AQ 2200 at 1 ohm, I decided to simply build a normal slot port box for 1 15', and power it with my Kenwood amp at 2 ohms(900 rms), then save up for a 2nd battery, then an AQ 2200 to run at 2 ohms, and then save up for the alt, so I can run it at .5 ohms since the sub will be a D1, then get the 2nd 15', and so on. The 15' will be a surprise but rest assure, it's gonna be alot beefier, and have more power handling 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Omega5002 Posted January 9, 2013 Author Report Posted January 9, 2013 Got something in the mail, thank you Scott 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
scooter99 Posted January 9, 2013 Report Posted January 9, 2013 You're welcome my friend! Now get to work! LOL Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Omega5002 Posted January 9, 2013 Author Report Posted January 9, 2013 You're welcome my friend! Now get to work! LOL Well, still have to wait for my y-splitters, speakers, agu fuse, and ring terminals, and don't worry, I'm just as excited to get this 4 channel in as you Can't wait to get this thing playing 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
iKidwell Posted January 10, 2013 Report Posted January 10, 2013 Wow not much difference lol. Man this is crazy with your electrical. I know at night in my old Volvo it would read 14.5-.7 then lights heater on it would drop to 12.4-13.1 even the new one. That was the most annoying thing I ever fought with. Only to never figure it out. The real bad part it was I only changed the HU and speakers no amps. So I can imagine what you are thinking at this point I think I told you it was checked before shipping? Hope something gives for you man. It's probably the starter solenoid causing that, or the stock wires going bad cause I never drop into the 12's when using stuff in the car, only when I use my amp. i know this might sound crazy but it's an issue at my car. Apparently on the sohc explorers they idle around 550 rpms, and i always thought that I had a bad ground or something. Then i got a mechman alt and put it in and had the same issue. I contacted them(mechman) and they told me about the idle problem, so now if i rev the car to just like 800-900 rpm i stay at a constant 14.6-14.7. I'm not sure if that's an issue with my car, but it took me forever to figure that out about mine. c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old. i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer. 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan Build in Progress
Omega5002 Posted January 10, 2013 Author Report Posted January 10, 2013 Wow not much difference lol. Man this is crazy with your electrical. I know at night in my old Volvo it would read 14.5-.7 then lights heater on it would drop to 12.4-13.1 even the new one. That was the most annoying thing I ever fought with. Only to never figure it out. The real bad part it was I only changed the HU and speakers no amps. So I can imagine what you are thinking at this point I think I told you it was checked before shipping? Hope something gives for you man. It's probably the starter solenoid causing that, or the stock wires going bad cause I never drop into the 12's when using stuff in the car, only when I use my amp. i know this might sound crazy but it's an issue at my car. Apparently on the sohc explorers they idle around 550 rpms, and i always thought that I had a bad ground or something. Then i got a mechman alt and put it in and had the same issue. I contacted them(mechman) and they told me about the idle problem, so now if i rev the car to just like 800-900 rpm i stay at a constant 14.6-14.7. I'm not sure if that's an issue with my car, but it took me forever to figure that out about mine. It's not an idle problem, mine idles around at 800 rpm at 13.8, and voltage never goes past 13.8 on a normal day(14.0 cold), even when I go at 2k rpm The problem was actually my amp's ground, I grounded my amp to the fuel pump by mistake, which was causing my voltage drops to be in the 10's and 11's, ever since I moved the ground to the suspension strut, I mostly stay above 12 volts now I'm gonna upgrade the ground for my kenwood even more cause I have 11 inches of audio technix 0 gauge going to the frame this time, to replace the 4 gauge ground, especially since I noticed a burn mark on the wire itself, and my amp will be closer to the grounding source. The burn mark on the wire was from a long time ago when I spilled coolant in my trunk, and always thought it was cosmetic, but it actually could be causing a lot of resistance. 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Omega5002 Posted January 13, 2013 Author Report Posted January 13, 2013 Did a little work today, swapped out my 4 old gauge ground wire on the suspension strut, to my leftover oversized Audio-Technix 0 gauge to the frame, under the suspension strut. Old ground wire New ground wire New ground wire installed Oh yeah, few things arrived, though still waiting for my fuse, and fuse holder, damn little things stopping me from installing lol 100 ft of Audio-Technix 16 gauge ofc wire, and some Knu y-splitters 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.