Going 3 Way Active (Need Help)

Don't NEED it, but it would definitely not hurt.

Okay I get it but for the time being I guess I will set em up the best way until I can get an external processor.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

With those amps, you don't need the external crossover or a third amp. Put the tweeters(ch 1&2 hp) and midbass(ch 3&4 lp/bp) on one amp. Then, use ch 3&4 on the second amp for the 6's.

I think I understand but I will draw a model when I get home to make sure I get what you're saying.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

With those amps, you don't need the external crossover or a third amp. Put the tweeters(ch 1&2 hp) and midbass(ch 3&4 lp/bp) on one amp. Then, use ch 3&4 on the second amp for the 6's.

Okay Orion, last time I will annoy you but I want to be sure I have this right so I know what I am doing. Here is a pic of the amp:

IMG_6566.jpg

NOT MY PIC PULLED FROM GOOGLE AS A REFERENCE

Amp 1

2 - Super Tweets 8 ohm

Ch1/Ch2 - HPF

LP/HP Freq - 3000hz

Bass Boost - 0

Input Select - 4ch

2 - 6's - 4 ohm

Ch3/Ch4 - LPF Band

High Pass - 250Hz

Low Pass - 3000Hz

Bass Boost - 0

Amp 2

2 - Super Tweets - 8 ohm

Ch1/Ch2 - HPF

LP/HP Freq - 3000hz

Bass Boost - 0

Input Select - 4ch

2 - 6's - 4 ohm

Ch3/Ch4 - LPF Band

High Pass - 250Hz

Low Pass - 3000Hz

Bass Boost - 0

Amp 3

I can get the 1.400 or 2.450 whichever would do a better job at playing the mid bass correctly. The 1.400 subsonic filter is 35hz and I haven't seen pics of the 2.450 but I would assume it has basically the same capabilities as the 4 channels or I can get at a third 4.600 if that is the best route.

Edited by IBleedMusick

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Love the dedication you got going there for speakers per channel per amp. where are your speaker locations? At this point you are probably better off doubling up your outputs especially since your 6's and tweeters are both using the same frequency. Lets be honest too your not looking at staging, height or imaging qualities with the amount of speakers you are putting in but, that thing will be loud. I'd recommend put the tweeters together and running 1/2 channel at 4ohms and then put the 6's together and running 3/4 channel at 2 ohms. you'll get more output of the amp and still have the correct crossover points per speakers. then you can use the second four channel bridged down or dedicated as a mid-bass amp.

In my own set ups I use two 4channels to accomplish my 3-way setups.

1st set up

tweeter to 1/2

4" to 3/4

6" to 1/2

rear to 3/4

2nd set up

tweeter to 1/2

4" to 3/4

8" bridged to 1/2 & 3/4

Excellent, and well done and well put. It can get a little weird. I'm active up front, with no where near the gear, and get lost at times....

Edit- O-stang, you help make those Sundown amps look really appealing for such projects as my amp pass runs only up to 500hz

Edited by KyLar96

Lol, just an old 3sixty.2 here, no 3 way (god!, makes me unhappy in a few ways?) active with mine. And my amps only do so much... A bit of a battle trying the active VS passive on my end... But I'm giving it hell ..

Love the dedication you got going there for speakers per channel per amp. where are your speaker locations? At this point you are probably better off doubling up your outputs especially since your 6's and tweeters are both using the same frequency. Lets be honest too your not looking at staging, height or imaging qualities with the amount of speakers you are putting in but, that thing will be loud. I'd recommend put the tweeters together and running 1/2 channel at 4ohms and then put the 6's together and running 3/4 channel at 2 ohms. you'll get more output of the amp and still have the correct crossover points per speakers. then you can use the second four channel bridged down or dedicated as a mid-bass amp.

In my own set ups I use two 4channels to accomplish my 3-way setups.

1st set up

tweeter to 1/2

4" to 3/4

6" to 1/2

rear to 3/4

2nd set up

tweeter to 1/2

4" to 3/4

8" bridged to 1/2 & 3/4

If it will save me some money on buying a 4th amp I am all ears. So I will do 2 tweets on each 1/2 channel and 2 6's on each 3/4 channel and then use the 2nd amp for mid bass. So I should get 8 ohm 6's and 4 ohm 8's? How would I run one of the 8's off the 1/2 channel if it doesn't have the lpf band?

As for imaging and staging considering I am a novice when it comes to the subject I would love to know where I should position each speaker. This is all going in a 2005 Honda Civic LX coupe I would love the best sound I can get instead of just installing them anywhere and calling it a day. My original plan was to atleast aim the tweet and 6 (on each door) towards the headrest of each seat and the back tweets and 6's would be by the arm rests for each respective passenger pointing towards the headrest as well. As for the 8's I wasn't sure on placement, they would either be sealed in the doors or sealed in the rear fill (since it is not currently being used at all).

Any ideas and thanks again to everyone for all of the help, I am pretty much open to trying anything to get the best sound out of my car and I am always up to learn new things.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif