Can stock electrical be damaging?

What the title says. Can stock electrical damage my system? I am currently running an 800 watt and a 500 watt amp on stock electrical, with no problems so far.

I want to upgrade to a crescendo c1100.4 , the 800 watt amp, and the 500 watt amp.

Will having my stock electrical be potentially harmfull to my new amp and speakers?

Im not so good on knowledge with electrical, so if anyone has any opinions to share that'd be great.

(I looked into doing the big 3, and it's going to be a bitch getting to my alternator. Ill probably have to remove it to get to it. I have a 98' mitsubishi eclipse.)

Thanks guys!

I just ordered my DD1, so im going to make sure it's tuned right. Should I be okay then? It's an old car, and id rather not do the big 3 and have it brake down on me a short time after. I can always swap my equipment to my next car. But if it's going to be dangerous running it without the big 3 then ill do it.

If your concerned with your eletrical, I would like to say a volt meter for the inside of your car is a must. Will give you real time voltage so you can see when you should let off and let your battery charge up a bit. As far as how well your eltrical will run with that, I do not know. A suggestion for you to figure that out, which will require a bit of math. Find out how many Amp Hours your battery can run, then find out how many amps your alt is multiple these by 14.4 volts and lets say 12.5 volts, so you have a min-max figure of what your current set up can put out. Then you take the amplifiers RMS power ratings and figure out how much amperage they will draw. From that you can easily find out the capabilities of your eletrical and the demands of your system

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I have yet to do it, I will hopefully do it this weekend. But the difference is outstanding. Just think about it, compare the wire in your car that is your big 3 stock wiring, then think about how big the wire you will use(1awg or 1/0awg) and then think about trying to send as muuuuuuch electricity through it as possible, which do you think would run better?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

The smaller gauge wire simply cannot handle the amperage load so you could be restricting your system from the power it's supposed to be getting. Think of it like pipes can you send more water at once through a 1" pipe or through a 3 inch diameter pipe.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts