Sonic Electronix

Say a law says you cannot create noise over 90 dB in a vehicle, Noting stating about being heard at a certain distance either

1) We all know, only the TL and possibly a few other expensive meters are accurate? So how would the police know exactly what sound pressure you are creating. Sound pressure = dB because that's what it's measured in.

2) There may be a required distance for that level of dB to carry in order to be illegal, say 20 ft? Seems like that's not too far?

Ok lets put this in perspective, people who have the highest park and pound scores, where the meter is only 6 feet away and 6 feet in the air, are doing a 135-136 dB?? maybe more now?

So if your about 20 feet away I'd assume you are under the 90 dB, making it legal then...hmmmm

Yes even at say 50-100 feet some of our systems are absurdly loud, but in accordance with the law, I am below the legal decibel limit.

My point is Loudness is not the same as dB's as most of us know, so is this a legit argument against the law? I'm not saying I get in trouble with my system, (never got a ticket actually), just curious if my facts are correct.

Of course in some areas there may be a law stating that stereos are illegal in some ridiculous way, but not where i'm from, it just this 90 dB limit.

-SlamminBeats

:twirl:

Edited by SlamminBeats

if you got pulled over because you were "exceeding local decibel limit" just go to court and contest it.

i did it.

always gotten away with it to.

'08 Chevy Cobalt coupe 2.2 base model trunk build:

2 9512iSC flatwound alum 1.5 coils

-extra 9500 spider pack

-8" platinum carbon dustcaps

1 DD Z1 (.375ohm nominally daily)

3g31 AGM

320a Ohio Gen alt

1 DD S4 4 channel

4 VO-M8v1's (holes cut for 3rd pair)

2 CS 6.5's

2 VO-B1's

Sony XAV-601BT

all Knu Krystal RCA's

Cadence 7band EQ

148.3db @ 32hz (burp)

148.4 @ 37 & 38hz (burp)

146.xdb 90sec average (center windshield)

if you got pulled over because you were "exceeding local decibel limit" just go to court and contest it.

i did it.

always gotten away with it to.

hahah yea i guess it would be funny to present this case.

lol i have xP

multiple times..

the most recent time, it was 5 blocks away from my installers house.

pulled away, and since he's on the border of cities, one has a zero tolerance statute for deebeez

the other has no noise ordinance.

i took a wrong turn, thought i was in the correct city, saw a cop posted up, thought i would be a smart ass, and starting burping my RE Audio XXX right past him slow as fack.

got pulled over, found out my license was expired, and we put insurance on the wrong riviera of ours.

so i got charged with:

noise ordinance

expired license

no proof of insurance

we contested it, license thing got dropped, noise ordinance got dropped, and I'm on a 1 year probation for insurance.

or we could have paid ~900$ to fix it all -.-

-extra 9500 spider pack

3g31 AGM

320a Ohio Gen alt

1 DD S4 4 channel

2 CS 6.5's

2 VO-B1's

Sony XAV-601BT

all Knu Krystal RCA's

Cadence 7band EQ

148.3db @ 32hz (burp)

148.4 @ 37 & 38hz (burp)

All you wouldve had to do is switch the insurence over to the vehicle you were pulled over in...

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

All you wouldve had to do is switch the insurence over to the vehicle you were pulled over in...

we did that.

and they towed the car.

the next day was sunday and i STILL couldn't get my car.

so we had to wait till monday.

-extra 9500 spider pack

3g31 AGM

320a Ohio Gen alt

1 DD S4 4 channel

2 CS 6.5's

2 VO-B1's

Sony XAV-601BT

all Knu Krystal RCA's

Cadence 7band EQ

148.3db @ 32hz (burp)

148.4 @ 37 & 38hz (burp)

Damn i guess i had just gotten lucky when i got pulled over for speeding, noise oridnence 2 counts, and no proof of insuarnce...

Edit-HIPNOTOAD FTW!!!!!!!!!!......is it i or y i cant remember....

Edited by Junior Russell

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

Say a law says you cannot create noise over 90 dB in a vehicle, Noting stating about being heard at a certain distance either

1) We all know, only the TL and possibly a few other expensive meters are accurate? So how would the police know exactly what sound pressure you are creating. Sound pressure = dB because that's what it's measured in.

2) There may be a required distance for that level of dB to carry in order to be illegal, say 20 ft? Seems like that's not too far?

Ok lets put this in perspective, people who have the highest park and pound scores, where the meter is only 6 feet away and 6 feet in the air, are doing a 135-136 dB?? maybe more now?

So if your about 20 feet away I'd assume you are under the 90 dB, making it legal then...hmmmm

Yes even at say 50-100 feet some of our systems are absurdly loud, but in accordance with the law, I am below the legal decibel limit.

My point is Loudness is not the same as dB's as most of us know, so is this a legit argument against the law? I'm not saying I get in trouble with my system, (never got a ticket actually), just curious if my facts are correct.

Of course in some areas there may be a law stating that stereos are illegal in some ridiculous way, but not where i'm from, it just this 90 dB limit.

-SlamminBeats

:twirl:

You answered your own question, 90DB IN THE VEHICLE. Not 90 DB from xx ft away. Most actually say, if you can be heard within xx ft you are breaking the law.

Edited by RooTxBeeR
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I have a question bout how are cops supposed to know what 90 dbs sounds like cuz they arent running around with termlab meassuring who they think is over 90 dbs...

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Read what I said bro, not many laws say what db level. And even at that, they will never make it so cops are required to determine the actual level.

Edited by RooTxBeeR
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm