Second Skin Audio

Help on new subs

yeah a good sub is a good sub. i would focus more on the box

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

If you are planning on running 2 subs check into DC lvl 3's maybe lvl 4's, Sundown Z v.3 series, or Ascendant Audio Chaos series. The RMS on those would be close to what you are running on 2 T1000's. Also all 1/0 wiring. PSI makes quality subs also and you can recone most if not all their models or jsut send them back to be reapaired. I would honestly go with a 1 ohm stable sub because you will probably want to wire your amps down to 1 ohm to get the most power out of them as you can.

As skittles mentioned above we need to figure that box out. What are you max dimensions for a box (L x W x H)? Are you looking for a low tuned box or a mid range tuned box? Subs up and port firing back? or port firing up also? I would def go with a double faced box and maybe a support or two inside the box. Would you say 500 for subs and 100 to build a box or do you have a separate box fund?

-James

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

I got a max height of 16 x 34w x 32 Depth. I did leave room in these figures at-least a few inches so the box would slide into position. I would like to shoot for something that will let someone outside my car feel my bass when i drive by. As for anything else thats where me lacking experience comes in play. The last system I had was back in 98-99 when I ran 6 entry level ppi on a single 500.2 in a pontiac sunbird. Always been a rockford fanboy of sorts but seems their is so much more in terms of great product now. This is why I am shopping around for subs.

Edited by hertz2beloud

You got some good dimensions for 2 12's. A box tuned around 30-34hz might play some decent lows and have quite a bit of carry distance. I would try to use every bit of that space I could when you build a box. IMO I would have subs pointing up and port firing back. That is how all my boxes will be from now on in my Tahoe. Anyway there are members here in the community that are much more knowledgeable about boxes than myself and have many many more years experience than me so I hope one of them will pitch in and really help you out with your box. Maybe even a design. I can however give you a link to a box calculator to help you figure out tuning, port size, etc... I hope that can help you out deciding how to design your box.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/38791-torres-box-tuning-calculator/

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1e28f7d3956a626f&uc=1&id=1E28F7D3956A626F%21102

Rockford Fosgate still does make some of the best amps IMO and their subs arent bad subs by any means but as far as subs go there are many companies that can out perform Rockford. Also amp wise Rockford amps some of the best quality amps there are on the market but there are beginning to be companies such as DC, Crescendo, and Sundown that have amps that can compete side by side with Rockford and in some cases even be a little less expensive. Now I'm not saying this to get anything started but its just my opinion.

I hope someone will come through and help us on this box design for you.

-James

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log