Trippi's Hummer the Final Chapter (Eye Candy on page 36 & 52)

Because all you need to worry about is getting your alts and bracket on the truck nothing else. YOU have a question you ask. You don't assume.

You have no right to make any decision on this hummer other than what alternator style you wanted to use. You don't get to pick the color wiring. You don't get to choose whether you wanna put the fuel tank else where, you don't get to do anything other than which style alts and how to mount them as long as they are WITH-IN the guide lines GIVEN which I stated several times. This build is MINE not yours. Your part of the install is a fraction compared to the over-all part.

Your right. Some of the runs front to back was positive and some negative....and all black. I told Trippi we needed more wire. We decided to wait to do the new runs front to back until the new alt setup got done since we was using the 4 old ones. It left for New York with this being out intent. While it was up there he decided to go ahead and send it to you....but none of this is your concern because like I said its my build not yours. Had a question? Shoulda asked me.

Fuses? Yeah don't care what you say I'm redoing it to protect my ass. Screw your warranty anything was to happen to your alt and it goes out and you decide to not cover it (like any other company will do because alternator installation isn't rocket science) I will personally pay to have it fixed....

Your distribution block, here's how you should have done it. Two sides one with a solid bar other broken into pieces. Fuses connecting the two together. The solid side runs to the alternators, connect the front battery to this side so the alts will always have battery power because you know, you never know when some dumbass is gonna start the truck and talk all the fuses out. The other side the runs to the back connect here , one on each section of the bar with it own fuse.

You are a bold face liar if your going to sit here and say that the runs was dropped across the driveshaft, here's a few examples why, in that pic they was draped across the knuckle, FIRST time that drive shaft started rotating that several hundred RPMs it would shred those runs to pieces being on the knuckle. IF it didn't for some reason as much slack that was in the runs in tr picture, the drive shaft is sloped down and with it turning over it would push the runs down it towards the back. Here's the next reason, because I had the zip tied just like the rest of the wire in there, all the way to the front, in the background you could see where the bundle of wire was sitting beside the hummer and not under the hood still so yeah if you remove zip ties and push the wire back it's gonna sag down. So go feed your Bs to your little army, not here.

Gas tank, you could see it all in the video I posted and I stated, this isn't the final one but it is where it's going. We ran into a issue with the subs and it was basically going to sit for over a month so that's when Trippi decided to send it to New York. So to get it up there quickly I used the fuel cell out of my racing car (which is right beside the motor btw just like anyone else's) so I could get it up there as soon as possible. But you didn't know that because it isn't your build...got a question about my build? Ask me....

And when I said we needed more wire I meant Xs power blue and silver. And that's when we decided to use the old runs for the time being.

Also, I stated I wanted to use the VCM (mainly for complications from another part of my build...which you called Trippi a dumbass about publicly) but you said no because you didn't want to leave room any operator error....basically calling me and Trippi too stupid(once again) to use two buttons to adjust the voltage, even tho Trippi already had one from his pervious build and seemed to do just fine with it.

like already said, dom go fuck yourself! so much bull shit coming out your mouth I can smell it all way in WI. SMH

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Berger, We should have made bets on the timeline of that photo entering this thread ^^^

Wiring coloring is almost a non issue. You could replace every inch of wire in that car tomorrow, and the build would still go on.

Ask trippi what color he wants, and go with that. I know the sub paint was added mid plans. I think matching the alts was a nice touch.

All of the attention in that bay will be drawn towards the highlighter orange alts (12 of them!). Make the wire pink. Wrap it in black heat shrink. Put blue endings on the positive leads. Put orange wrap on it. Whatever. The wires will all be formed to their exact connection point, and they will not be regularly removed, so they shouldn't be able to be confused. Make every wire in the engine bay black, and it won't make a difference. Only someone with deep seeded knowledge in this build will ever work on it, so it is almost a moot point.

As for the fuses, dom has seemingly come to peace with putting a fuse or breaker between the front battery, and is leaving the rear runs to be fused by Berger. The current distro block may not be exactly how everyone would have done it, but this happens with builds by multiple people. Shift it three inches towards the passenger side. Wire all alts into the passenger side of the block. Then mount a 12 fuse panel on the diver side of that mount. It would be tight, but it would work.

Certain things have definitely been thrown together at points so that the vehicle can be moved around, but once again that's part of a multiple shop build, or any build for that matter. They will all be buttoned up at some point. Why not just make an agreement for you both to overlook the whole build before it goes back to trippi? Then you can both have peace, and the oversight of one man will not be disastrous. You are both each other's harshest critic. So I'm sure you would both hunt for anything you could find, and trippi wins out in the end because of it.

As for the fueling issue, I will gladly talk it through with dom in PM. I have with Berger already, and he's on the right track. The temporary setup may not made it seem so, but it was just that, temporary

Yes I have a lot of stereo weight. I build for Smiles Per Gallon not Miles Per Gallon LOLZ

My build - 1996 4Runner with 2 18s - 149+ in a sealed box (with radiators)

0a4ee87c-28c8-4bf8-9dfe-5a06b9dea2dc_zps

3e3eb9dd-70f8-4424-ad11-ccebcd929ac4_zps

I haven't seen him say that

I am aware it's been said that he said that, but I haven't seen it myself.

If Dom adds a fuse or breaker to the front battery like he said he is fine doing, and rewires the alt wires to the passenger side in the proper color (whatever that is determined to be), David doesn't have to touch his work...

Until of course the fuel issue is addressed.

I had talked to dom about moving his battery to the driver side right behind the alts.

If he does that and does the wires as requested, David just has to plug into his work, and not alter it

Doesn't sound too unreasonable or hard

Yes I have a lot of stereo weight. I build for Smiles Per Gallon not Miles Per Gallon LOLZ

My build - 1996 4Runner with 2 18s - 149+ in a sealed box (with radiators)

0a4ee87c-28c8-4bf8-9dfe-5a06b9dea2dc_zps

3e3eb9dd-70f8-4424-ad11-ccebcd929ac4_zps

am I reading this correct? alt's are internally regulated at 15.8 and the hummer is running 14v batteries correct?

alt colors are cool, but i'd still much rather see some billet polished aluminum alts in there, *cough*cough* DC Power...... but that's just my opinion.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived