Second Skin Audio

I'm starting to do my system right in my 1990 civic sedan.

And the eventual goal will be a trunk wall with 2 12's or so. But stereo is not the only reason I want the deadening. That car is very loud driving down the road. I know everyone says you only need to cover 25% of the metal to get rid of the metal resonance. But how much do I need to block the outside noise?

And how much square footage do I need to cover the floor, roof, trunk and inside of the firewall?

Thanks!!!

Haha I want as quiet as possible. Now I'm not anal or anything, but I don't want to waste my time or money. If I need 100% coverage, and I'm on limited funds, should I just buy that cheap(Ish) fatmat? Or only get 40-50% coverage of second skin??

I will never be going for competition stereo, just something a little louder than the average best buy system.

Is your car making the noise? Or is it road noise? Check motor mounts and exhaust hangers before deadening. I have a 89 civic hatch with two 15's and it's quiet as hell without my subwoofers playing. I have an all stock exhaust, good mounts and bushings, ect. Oh and my car only has 1 1/2" ground clearence as well.

To stop rattles, expanding foam helped me out in the hatch, not sure how that would help you In the trunk but it's worth a try.

Optima Redtop Under Hood

Vmax CT800 Outback

Big6?(lol) 0/1 KnuKoncepts

2x 15" RF T1's in 7.7cuft @32hz

Audiopipe aqx3500.1d

Pioneer DEH-5000UB

And if the second skin is really only 4 blocking metal resonance, then would I benefit from putting it on the floor board of my car? The Floor is very thick and multi layered. I'd don't want to install it anywhere that is wasted due to it being so expensive!!