TrakTuned Posted May 3, 2012 Report Posted May 3, 2012 I was doing a little deadening in the doors a few weeks back and my dumbass made a mistake. I was too damn lazy to shut the music off as I was enjoying it.....AND when I pulled the door speaker I shorted the two terminals The amp is fine and all but the speaker I shorted now has a twinge at high frequency. Sucks yes, I believe it is blown? It sounds damn skippy at all but a certain high frequency range. So now I am looking to swap the mids. Question is, It is a 4ohm 2way component system. Would it matter at all to swap out the 4ohm OEM mids for some different ones? I was looking at the cadence xenith 8ohm models, as their mounting depth is within spec of what I need. I intend on running these on the same crossovers, so will it run any issue beside power running to them? Also my amp (vibe blackdeath stereo4 - 125x4) says it is a 4ohm minimum, problematic? I dont have the dough for anything higher priced as of now so.....
Skullz Posted May 3, 2012 Report Posted May 3, 2012 What kind of budget do you have to work with? 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Skullz Posted May 3, 2012 Report Posted May 3, 2012 I was looking to get these not long ago. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43386_Rockford-Fosgate-PPS4-6.html 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Yirgacheffe Posted May 6, 2012 Report Posted May 6, 2012 Unfortunate and sad to hear. I would try to find a replacement speaker with about the same frequency response and fs, but definitely the same ohm and that's because a crossover is rated for a specific load. If you're replacing one speaker to another with higher Ohms then the for eg condensates wouldn't give the same crossover point because of different Ohms. Perhaps one can get lucky for daily but I think it's quite a gamble and would recomend to get the nearest possible if one would keep the crossover. Maybe you can get used speakers from Ebay that match your filters. Watts up?
teamace24 Posted May 6, 2012 Report Posted May 6, 2012 How loud you think those new fosgate pros get anyone heard them? 1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.