No data.. that's why I'm taking it to mechanic that has the tools an knowledge... I have my old motor in storage it lost a cylinder last dec..an I got this one used..so mite just swap intakes...we will see what mechanic says...I hate intermitent issues..hard to diagnose...thanks guys

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

armykyle1 is probably right. Upper intake gasket. I gotta change mine so I am adding a Vmaxx spacer when I do it. And yes changing the stock poppets out for the better stock spider injectors is a good idea if you already gonna have stuff pulled apart.

Fuel filter

Plug Wires

Air Filter

Start with those 3. Did you gap the new plugs too?

Possibly a coil pack.

Due to the fact that you drive it daily, I'm less inclined to think its a clogged injector than something else. If it was a vaccum leak, you'd more than likely notice abnormal engine temperatures... In an extreme condition.... Intake.

Edited by Blackedout

yes i used platnum plugs gapped at.60..i think its intake or fuel pump..i heard of fuel pressure reg going out also.. who knows about the marine intake? id like to run that if intake is bad..is it smog legal here in cali

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

The Marine intake conversion can be done, if you know what your doing it looks to be a weekend job. I have been thinking about doing the same conversion. I believe even on a 98 you have swap your PCM "0411"(a step I have already done). You can get more out of the motor due to higher air volume and the ability to go to bigger injectors.

http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=317&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0