dhall9 Posted May 12, 2012 Author Report Posted May 12, 2012 So the video does the subs absolutely no justice.
dhall9 Posted May 12, 2012 Author Report Posted May 12, 2012 Here is the birth sheet for the P400 running the subs. Rated at 400 watts, actually puts out closer to 500.
dhall9 Posted May 12, 2012 Author Report Posted May 12, 2012 Update: Spend the morning running speaker wire to the dash and 4 doors. Got the tweeters finally hooked up. Wow, what a difference they made in filling the cab with sound. Fine tuned the P200-2 (tweets) and P400-2 (subs) amps this morning with the DMM. Got the 400 set at 480 watts RMS and the 200 set at 60W/channel RMS. Now with all that out of the way, all I have left to do is get the door speakers mounted. I have a feeling that is going to involve some one-off pods. We'll see how it goes when I get the doors tore apart. I also confirmed my suspicions that the previous owner had some subs installed. I found some ground wire bolted to the bottom of one of the rear seats. The other indicators where holes cut in the carpet behind the sets and in the storage compartment.
dhall9 Posted May 13, 2012 Author Report Posted May 13, 2012 Got some pics uploaded for you pic whores out there. Today's adventures... Preview of tomorrow's (maybe) project... Rear Door Speaker location. The factory speaker mount is not big enough to fit the new speaker. I guess I'll just have to fab up my own. Kind of was expecting I'd have to, so no biggie. The speaker I want to put there (P1675) Comparison of the pioneer's (rated at 40RMS) I have/had there and the new fosgate speaker. (60RMS) The pioneer looks so cute next to the fosgate. Random birth sheet pic: tweeter amp, I set the gains to put out 60rms @ 4 ohms (3.4 actually) since that is what the tweets are rated for. Random factoid. The pioneer head unit I am using is rated at 14W x 4. So I currently have more power going to one tweeter in the dash, than all the door speakers combined. This little problem will be solved before two long though.
teamace24 Posted May 13, 2012 Report Posted May 13, 2012 What tweeters you end up with on the dash? My cousin has a 2002 trailblazer not ss and i did her setup but never thought to check that dash thinking it was maybe an ac duct. Also on the big 3 where is the chassis to engine stock ground at? Can you post up pics of your big 3 like one pic per big 1 big 2 big 3? She dims a little on 1000rms and regular duralast battery. 1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31
dhall9 Posted May 13, 2012 Author Report Posted May 13, 2012 What tweeters you end up with on the dash? P1T-S, see first page. My cousin has a 2002 trailblazer not ss and i did her setup but never thought to check that dash thinking it was maybe an ac duct. You can look through the windshield and see what's there, if anything. If it didn't come with Bose from the factory, then there is nothing there. Also on the big 3 where is the chassis to engine stock ground at? Can you post up pics of your big 3 like one pic per big 1 big 2 big 3? She dims a little on 1000rms and regular duralast battery. Pics won't do any good, because I have everything hidden/wrapped in wireloom. You have 3 wires that are ran as follows: Alternator to positive battery Engine (I used the bolt on the accessory drive) to negative battery Engine to chassis, mine is ran on the bottom of the motor. There is skid plate that needs removed and the factory ground is then visible. I ran it from the engine block to the sway bar bushing mounting bolt.
dhall9 Posted May 13, 2012 Author Report Posted May 13, 2012 Look at what I got done this morning... I'm currently taking a break while the paint drys. Flat black, nothing special. They will behind the door panel after all. The 3/4" MDF ring has been sanded so that the speaker fires upward, so the top is thinner than the bottom. I also have some high density weather stripping that is going to go around the parameter to isolate the vibrations from the door.
I.V Posted May 13, 2012 Report Posted May 13, 2012 looking good man saw u upload one video nice 06 Trailblazer ss2 Team shok industries tsx 18sPhoenix Gold ''THE ONE''2 Phoenix gold 800.44 crescendo mp6.2 crescendo mp8bass processor Dc power 270xp 150ft 1/0 ofc sky high cable1 juicebox lithium 0.5kwh 14v/40ahkenwood dnx8120BCAE1.com YouTube channel : REaudioxxx1build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160106-trailblazer-ss-xxx/
dhall9 Posted May 13, 2012 Author Report Posted May 13, 2012 Been a busy day. Tackled the rear door pods and got them all wired up all factory like. Some pics for you pic hounds out there. Oh, and they sound so good.
PowerHouse407 Posted May 13, 2012 Report Posted May 13, 2012 wow looks really good. nice work with the stock like wiring!! 2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+ AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.