Dude, these guys are the knowledge gurus when it comes to this stuff, but you gotta give details, sub make and model, single voice coil, dual voice coil, amp make and model and most importantly, get a tape measure and go out there and measure out your trunk. decide how much space you are willing to commit to a sub box, and measure twice. type things out so that they are easy to read and dont be afraid to give every little detail. The end result will be help you can use and advice that will be correct and make your sub sound as good as it can. :)

Edited by trainman0978

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Dude, these guys are the knowledge gurus when it comes to this stuff, but you gotta give details, sub make and model, single voice coil, dual voice coil, amp make and model and most importantly, get a tape measure and go out there and measure out your trunk. decide how much space you are willing to commit to a sub box, and measure twice. type things out so that they are easy to read and dont be afraid to give every little detail. The end result will be help you can use and advice that will be correct and make your sub sound as good as it can. :)

true. everyone n here can help you. but we need the most info you can give. the more details the better. after a while you'll be able to do it yourself and get a good finished product.

610EUROs

ok ill tell u this the sub is so old they dont have nothing on the whole internet about the thing haha on the back it says rfp2418 heres some pic's of it and i dont have a car yet so i just want a box that would be the best for the sub idc what the size is the better sounding the better. i have the sub in a cardboard box right now haha heres the pics and theres one of some box ideas in there to

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r80/kip...91/101_0421.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r80/kip...91/101_0410.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r80/kip...91/101_0413.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r80/kip..._91/subboxs.jpg

Edited by kdemarcus

Punch XLC 18"

RFP2418 / RFP2818

Impedance 4 ohms / 8 ohms

Peak Power 250 / 500 Watts

Sensitivity 92dB

FS (Hz) 22 / 24

Voice Coil Diameter (inches) 2.5

Mounting Depth (inches) 8-1/2

Recommended Enclosure

Sealed=4.0 / Vented=4.0

Edited by FCsteve

610EUROs

one of the pics says it's a 4 ohm model. doing a sealed box would be easy, just make it the dimensions that you want to fit to come out to 3 cubic feet. but imo i'd go ported. just cuz i personally like ported over sealed. and easier to tune lower imo. if you wanna go that route i can help with tuning

EDIT: also...according to FCsteve's post...i'd make it at LEAST 4 cubes instead of 3

Edited by ExpoSport

well ported box's are like having the sub necked and you can put as much power i have seen a lot of people with ported box's blow up the V coil because they dont have a real bass amp and 18's are really bad about doing that. and not having ports keeps all the air in the sub well last longer and it well be just a little bit loader and thanks every one but i still didnt get my ? how do i how to make the ports at about 32hz im making 2 box's one ports and the other one closed

1) a ported box allows for less wattage than a sealed, and is louder than a sealed. a sealed box uses the air inside the enclosure as an "air brake," keeping the sub from moving past its mechanical limits, and allowing for more power

2) people "blow up their vc's" by either incorrect gain setting, bass boost/distortion, or too much power...ect...

- which are all user error

3) 18's dont "usually" blow/or are easier to blow. they are the most efficient drivers and sound great, but some overpower, build wrong enclosures, clip their signal, and just plain dont know what they are doing.... so they "blow" their sub. it has nothing to so with the fact it is a 18."

4) the sub should have the same life expectancy so long as the user doesnt damage the speaker, whether sealed or ported. ive known buddies who had the same subs and amp combo for 5 years+ with no problems and it was a ported setup

so

bro, we'd all love to help you design a box that sounds great and slams, but we need you to measure the max dimensions the box could be and still be able to be put into the trunk. we can't help you with a sealed box and we can't help you with a ported box unless we know what we are working with in L x W x H because the box volume determines tune frequency

and lastly i applaud you on wanting to build both ported and sealed so you can hear the difference....i would but i know i like ported, but ive never heard that 18" rf so please follow up with updates of box build and final setup. once you get box dimensions we can help

TeamSundown-sig.jpg