RooTxBeeR Posted May 4, 2012 Report Posted May 4, 2012 Ok I recently started reading up on passive and active crossovers. I was thinking today and came up with a good idea for my car, I believe its good lol. So my plan for my car is to get T1 comp set up front, and T16x9's in the back running off either a T400.4 or a T600.4. Well I was thinking, what if I just put a 2 T1 comp sets and set them up one in front and one in back. From the get go I will only have one of those amps, so I will be running passive. So if I just went and got another 4 channel, I could run active am I correct? A single 4 channel for the woofers then the other on the tweeters. Just wanted to make sure my thoughts are correct on this. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
OrionStang Posted May 4, 2012 Report Posted May 4, 2012 Put two speakers on each channel. 4 tweeters on channels 1&2, 4 mids on channels 3&4. You won't have fading ability, but you can run all the speakers. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
RooTxBeeR Posted May 4, 2012 Author Report Posted May 4, 2012 Well I want fading, I want to be able to adjust from front to rear if ones stronger than the other. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
hdorre Posted May 4, 2012 Report Posted May 4, 2012 Put two speakers on each channel. 4 tweeters on channels 1&2, 4 mids on channels 3&4. You won't have fading ability, but you can run all the speakers. This. Youd need either a HU with active processing or and exteral processor though. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
OrionStang Posted May 4, 2012 Report Posted May 4, 2012 Just use the passive crossovers until you can get the second 4-channel, then. Best option IMO. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
RooTxBeeR Posted May 4, 2012 Author Report Posted May 4, 2012 Just use the passive crossovers until you can get the second 4-channel, then. Best option IMO. That's what I am saying, thats what I want to do but I was asking if that's correct. I want to get 2 T1 comps sets for front/rear. First get a single 4 channels and run it passive, then get a second 4 channel and run a speaker to each terminal, woofers on one amp and tweets on the other. Edit: I think either way I do it, I will need to get an external processor, because the T600/T400 do not have the availibility of setting a x-over in the kHZ On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
OrionStang Posted May 4, 2012 Report Posted May 4, 2012 You got it. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
RooTxBeeR Posted May 4, 2012 Author Report Posted May 4, 2012 Well since I got it, can anyone through me some Crossovers or prossessors? I know the 360.3 will do me well, thats way out of my budget atm. I am looking at a bunch of other crossovers and none allow me to have 2 different crossovers points for front/rear On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.