Details

I have tried it, that's what I'm telling you. I haven't had any issues with it. I'll see if I can get a video with it this weekend.

Hell yes Orange and Black are the secks!!

Details on said HDMI-Optical converter.......? :unknw:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Bad news for an update....

I had a competition last Sunday so I was rushing on Saturday to get my Fosgate 360.3 installed and working since I wanted to try it out.

Whelp, I accidentally left the 360 outputs too high which caused some nasty clipping to my amps.

So the power of my DC5K was again unleashed on my sub box.... :o

Regular viewers should remember my previous experience with my box cracking.

Well, here's the latest, after burping the 5K at 41Hz wired down to 0.25ohms, with a healthy amount of clipping.

I now have a MASSIVE hole sheared into the paper cone, right between the reinforced AR surround and the CF dustcap, both of which held up great, almost too great.

692-XL12blowncone_zpsc4189ebb.jpg

I don't think you're supposed to be able to do this......

693-fingerincone_zps3718ee06.jpg

The show must go on, so I grabbed the Gorilla Tape and went to work.

694-gorillatape_zpsa99c3f19.jpg

I missed a pic of my first qualifying round but I surprisingly increased my score to 147.3 dBDrag Legal.

This is my first elimination round, me on left.

695-legalscoredbDrag_zps1925065b.jpg

Things went downhill after that as it was cold (45-50) out so the gorilla tape started to give and the hole in the cone got worse.

I couldn't hold my score up and ended up with another 2nd place against the same guy I've been battling with over the past few months.

696-2ndplace_zpse856b892.jpg

He had around a 147.6 so I was close, but couldn't hold together enough to put up anything over a 144.

Not too bad for a blown cone, I guess. :P

The 3rd Place was for BassRace which I entered, but wasn't able to hold though the 30 seconds. Only 3 people entered the 139.9 category so I got a trophy anyway...

So the other day I gave Cody (CJ18) a call and got some stronger AR recones on the way...

Looks like I get to learn reconing, earlier then I anticipated.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

Here you go. This is what I'm using, or plan on using. https://www.octavainc.com/HDMI%20distribution%20amp_splitter%202%20port.html

They have a single one too I think...........................yup: https://www.octavainc.com/HDMI%201x1%20Audio%20Converter.html Does the same thing but there's a single HDMI out instead of 2. I was going to do dual head rests in the back that mirrored the tablet for my kids, but that's idea's since long gone. But I have it so why not use it.

So I have that. From my phone or tablet, I have an adapter that has a plug that goes into the micro usb port or the phone or tablet (the Samsung S3 yes I know i need to upgrade leave it alone and the Samsung Note 8.0 have the same usb port), Then it splits off of that single port, and has an hdmi plug that goes to the converter, and a usb port that goes into a charger, since you have to have power for the digital signal to work. From the converter that I linked above, I can either go analog (RCA) out, HDMI out for video if I want or optical toslink which is what I was planning on doing out to the 3sixty.

Like I said I'll get some video of it this weekend if i can.

Tough break on the sub man, no pun intended. Good luck with the recone. Scares the shit out of me personally! But good luck I hope it works out. Then go beat that dudes ass in the lanes!!! :drink40:

First of all I want to stop for half an hour and applaud you for the impressive build. ???? Been watching this thread since the beginning and can't stop reading every update. Full of ideas and superb finish. Also congrats on the won trophies. You deserve everyone of it and much more.

Secondly I am sad to see the sub go. Hope u will manage to recone it. I had a sub that was exposed to just "a bit" over the rated power and had to bite my tongue and recone it. But unfortunately it wasn't that easy to keep it in place. I didn't had enough clamps and it moved a bit to the right.It was scraping on the inside when it was run at 1/4 power. Make sure u have quite a few clamps to keep it steady. Other than that there's no rocket science involved except steady hands and patience which I can see u have.

So good luck and hope it gets reborn again.

Here you go. This is what I'm using, or plan on using. https://www.octavainc.com/HDMI%20distribution%20amp_splitter%202%20port.html

They have a single one too I think...........................yup: https://www.octavainc.com/HDMI%201x1%20Audio%20Converter.html Does the same thing but there's a single HDMI out instead of 2. I was going to do dual head rests in the back that mirrored the tablet for my kids, but that's idea's since long gone. But I have it so why not use it.

So I have that. From my phone or tablet, I have an adapter that has a plug that goes into the micro usb port or the phone or tablet (the Samsung S3 yes I know i need to upgrade leave it alone and the Samsung Note 8.0 have the same usb port), Then it splits off of that single port, and has an hdmi plug that goes to the converter, and a usb port that goes into a charger, since you have to have power for the digital signal to work. From the converter that I linked above, I can either go analog (RCA) out, HDMI out for video if I want or optical toslink which is what I was planning on doing out to the 3sixty.

Like I said I'll get some video of it this weekend if i can.

Tough break on the sub man, no pun intended. Good luck with the recone. Scares the shit out of me personally! But good luck I hope it works out. Then go beat that dudes ass in the lanes!!! :drink40:

Vids yet?

I'm intrigued...

Yep, I'm a touch nervous about the recones myself but I'd really like to learn so there's only one way........! ;)

First of all I want to stop for half an hour and applaud you for the impressive build. Been watching this thread since the beginning and can't stop reading every update. Full of ideas and superb finish. Also congrats on the won trophies. You deserve everyone of it and much more.

Secondly I am sad to see the sub go. Hope u will manage to recone it. I had a sub that was exposed to just "a bit" over the rated power and had to bite my tongue and recone it. But unfortunately it wasn't that easy to keep it in place. I didn't had enough clamps and it moved a bit to the right.It was scraping on the inside when it was run at 1/4 power. Make sure u have quite a few clamps to keep it steady. Other than that there's no rocket science involved except steady hands and patience which I can see u have.

So good luck and hope it gets reborn again.

Thank you Sir, much appreciated!

:drinks:

Good info. I'm going to have some experimced people help me out so hopefully it goes smooth.

Sucks to have a sub go down but I'll use it as a learning experience.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Mmmmmm ar cones, soooo much sex

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Sucks your cone blew out like that man.. That must have made your heart sink a little.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

Mmmmmm ar cones, soooo much sex

:D Yep, can't wait to see them....

I also decided last night on another change to dress up the subs even more. ;)

Sucks your cone blew out like that man.. That must have made your heart sink a little.

Hell yeah it did. Somehow in my gut I knew something was going to happen right before that competition....

I have a lot of other things to finish up so I hate all these mishaps. But it is quite a learning experience.

I could be pissed off about the whole situation, but it is what it is. I have only myself to blame.

So.........

0F885E3A-7D90-4DDA-A360-B3E8728D0DBF_zps

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Archived