same reason I ordered the sunflash, I hate mixing it lol. How was it once you got it into the sunlight?

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Haha wow Wicks. That looks... intense. No doubt. Still feel bad that you didn't let me bring some food or somethin. Hell, Look at what I interrupted... lmfao. But, I'm sure after more sanding and all that jazz, it'll come out good. As you say, experience is the best teacher. First few tries may work but not be that perfect look, so may require few tries but... knowing you, I know you'll get it, for sure.

Looks great dude!!!

Dude that came out awesome for your first glass attempt! Keep the updates coming!

same reason I ordered the sunflash, I hate mixing it lol. How was it once you got it into the sunlight?

Looking good for sure

Thanks All, much appreciated. :good:

I was worried at first, but very relieved when it popped off nice and cleanly in one light and sturdy piece.

Gives me a lot more confidence to do some more fiberglass projects that I never would of thought I could do before.

Opens up a lot of possibilities.

Leo, The part was already pretty much cured up when I popped it out and put it in direct sunlight.

I just did it to set it aside and see if it would help at all.

I did have to hurry when applying the resin though. It was somewhat shaded in the back of my rear seat, but the ambient sun still caused the resin to tack-up slightly as I was putting it on. So I couldn't mess around much and had to speedily apply it as fast as I could but it worked out pretty good.

As long as you don't apply it to a large complicated piece in direct sunlight, then I'd definitely say go for it.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

thats what Iike to hear! Can't wait for it to come in now, if all goes well I'll be buying more for my door panels

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

So a little tip, you have a lot of tape on the back still. If you use some wax, car wax, on the area, when you're done and ready to pop it off, it will leave the tape mostly in place.

I continue to hate you by the way! You and I = Love Hate relationship. Love to hate you! Now I have to do this to mine! EFF!!

Ok let's see some more! You're going to have to come to Cali and help me with mine now! :drink40:

Some pretty neat things going on in here.

Ill take a seat and watch.

Thanks, that's EXACTLY what I'm going for. A little SQ, a little SPL and some neat unique things on the side to make it different.

:drinks:

Get out of here!! I cannot look at these details anymore!!

More than good job.. :clapping:

LOL, thanks

:D

thats what Iike to hear! Can't wait for it to come in now, if all goes well I'll be buying more for my door panels

Yeah, I think you'll like it for sure.

Makes me think about my own door panels although I think I'll have a tough time integrating a speaker pod into them cleanly... :shrug:

So a little tip, you have a lot of tape on the back still. If you use some wax, car wax, on the area, when you're done and ready to pop it off, it will leave the tape mostly in place.

I continue to hate you by the way! You and I = Love Hate relationship. Love to hate you! Now I have to do this to mine! EFF!!

Ok let's see some more! You're going to have to come to Cali and help me with mine now! :drink40:

Yep, good tip. I saw that you waxed yours. I figured I'd just give mine a shot and sure enough, I should have waxed it.

Some of that tape is stuck on there pretty good too. That pic above was from late Sunday and I was way to played out to worry about removing all those little bits of tape.....

Well...if you're hatin' me then I must be heading in the right direction....LOL ;)

You have some clever ideas brewing over there yourself, maybe you should head over here and help me out!

Dude, bummer on them rims. We have some sneaky man-hole covers here as well that have made me grunt out some cuss words.

I just got in another little toy to go along with my modified VM-1 that I think you'll like, if I can get it to work like I want to and get it integrated....

More on that later. :ninja:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Looks amazing dude!. A trick I learned with glass is to brush a little resin over the tape and then put the Matt over it, the resin will hold it down since its sticky! Keep up the great work

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Archived