103-cam-clampfit.jpg

103-phone-clampfit2.jpg

104-phone-clampfit3.jpg

105-cam-clamptestfit.jpg

105-phone-clampfit4.jpg

107-clampcloseup.jpg

...and a scenic view through one of the sub holes

108-clamp-closeuprear.jpg

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

looking good makes me want to build another box lol! howd you get those angle cuts on the skill saw?

Thanks!

For the angle cuts, my skil-saw has a tilting base that you can adjust up to 45 degrees.

I used the digital angle meter I bought shown here (silver scissor like device):

60-phone-box-template.jpg

I measured the angle of the rear seat and then transferred that angle to the tilting base of the skil-saw.

...and I went over the measurements that I marked on the baffle about 100 times to make sure that it was right.

Then just a straight edge for the saw to follow and it came out pretty well for not having a table saw.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

looking good makes me want to build another box lol! howd you get those angle cuts on the skill saw?

Thanks!

For the angle cuts, my skil-saw has a tilting base that you can adjust up to 45 degrees.

I used the digital angle meter I bought shown here (silver scissor like device):

60-phone-box-template.jpg

I measured the angle of the rear seat and then transferred that angle to the tilting base of the skil-saw.

...and I went over the measurements that I marked on the baffle about 100 times to make sure that it was right.

Then just a straight edge for the saw to follow and it came out pretty well for not having a table saw.

gotcha my skill saw is like 40 years old and its all metal haha. Theres no angle variation on it just straight.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Nice clean work.

Thanks!

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Very Clean Work How much Port area do you have?

Thanks.

Good question. Reminds me to post up my Torres Specs:

Boxspecs-final.jpg

With my design goals and fairly small trunk, the box turned out a bit small.

I went with fairly large (for this box) port area of 48Sq-in (17.7Sq-in/Cu-ft) which hopefully should give the subs some breathing room.

Tuning came in at about 38Hz which was a little higher than I hoped but it shouldn't be too bad. :shrug:

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Sooooooo, I've been having nothing but trouble with my Alpine INA-W900 head unit and I'm not happy with the menus or general functionality either.

Yesterday I rolled over to a local audio shop and looked into replacing the Alpine with a new one since I got this one on eBay to see if it'd help.

One of the reps there was a big Kenwood fan and showed me some other options.

Now I've been a fan of Alpine since the old days of the chicklet buttons on the 79xx series, but this experience has really turned me off on Alpine.

The Kenwood I looked at was the DNX6990HD and it was MUCH more impressive for the same price as the dated Alpine.

So after feeling a little impulsive, I pulled the trigger on the Kenwood and now have yet another project in ripping out the Alpine and its Imprint processor and replacing it with the Kenwood. I had the Imprint mounted above my drivers side kick panel which is where I ran my RCA's, so I'll have to add some length to them to run up to the dash.

Small headache but it should be well worth it.

More details coming...

Personally I like the pioneer double DINs. they are easy to use and very user-friendly

I love what you are doing. with the propers tools you can really do some awesome stuff. keep it up man

Sooooooo, I've been having nothing but trouble with my Alpine INA-W900 head unit and I'm not happy with the menus or general functionality either.

Yesterday I rolled over to a local audio shop and looked into replacing the Alpine with a new one since I got this one on eBay to see if it'd help.

One of the reps there was a big Kenwood fan and showed me some other options.

Now I've been a fan of Alpine since the old days of the chicklet buttons on the 79xx series, but this experience has really turned me off on Alpine.

The Kenwood I looked at was the DNX6990HD and it was MUCH more impressive for the same price as the dated Alpine.

So after feeling a little impulsive, I pulled the trigger on the Kenwood and now have yet another project in ripping out the Alpine and its Imprint processor and replacing it with the Kenwood. I had the Imprint mounted above my drivers side kick panel which is where I ran my RCA's, so I'll have to add some length to them to run up to the dash.

Small headache but it should be well worth it.

More details coming...

Personally I like the pioneer double DINs. they are easy to use and very user-friendly

I love what you are doing. with the propers tools you can really do some awesome stuff. keep it up man

Thanks for the comment!

Stay posted, I've got some good stuff coming.

Yeah, I was looking at Pioneer too, they're nice.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

You will be very happy with your purchase on the Kenwood unit, I have ran Kenwood since I started driving. The new ones just keep getting better,everything now is built around the smartphone so it makes life so much easier,while driving. I hope you have triple AAA no room for getting that spare out now, thats a big box but it will damn sure sound good with the research you have done. Good luck on your build it looks like your off to a great start

Team Big Un,Team DB Drive, Team DB Driven, Team Xs Power

Team Ohio Gen, Usaci 2-4 modified champ 5 years in a row

Archived