Second Skin Audio

PSI Recones??

yeah i under stand that but honestly i am happy with the sound i am getting out of this woofer id just like a little more excursion and a nicer look too them

People have stated the main gist of it, so no need to rehash but maybe reiterate. You want to spend money on $100 subs to make them...slightly mediocre daily subs. It seems a lot of effort for fourth place if you ask me. I'm not calling you stupid. And even though I can't figure out people actually liking the sound of cvxs, but if you like the sound of those kickers so much...reconing is not going to keep it the same. You do understand that it would be in essence a different sub, right? kicker does in fact use a different than normal industry standard coil, and PSI can rebuild it, but they won't send you a kit. Your build, your money, your choice.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

idk if you could put a longer coil in. i would think it would bottom out. if u must run kicker just run more of them. you will get the same effect.

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

yeah i have been looking at all of the above subs i mean i was really considering skar vvx's and obsidian 15s but i mean i already have two of the kicker cvx's and it would cost less per sub to get them upgraded then it would to buy new ones of any of the above

Head Unit -- Alpine CDA-9887

Mids and highs -- 2 Crescendo PWX-8's

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

4 Crescendo FT-1 Super tweeters

Mids and Highs amps -- 2 Alpine V12 MRV-F545

Subs -- TBD

Sub amp -- Crescendo Bass Cleff BC2000.

Sub Box -- Ported box 9 cubic foot tuned to 37hz for 2 15 with 140 inch port area

Processor - Alpine imprint

idk if you could put a longer coil in. i would think it would bottom out. if u must run kicker just run more of them. you will get the same effect.

^^^this

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ROCKFORDlogo.jpg

yeah i under stand that but honestly i am happy with the sound i am getting out of this woofer id just like a little more excursion and a nicer look too them

People have stated the main gist of it, so no need to rehash but maybe reiterate. You want to spend money on $100 subs to make them...slightly mediocre daily subs. It seems a lot of effort for fourth place if you ask me. I'm not calling you stupid. And even though I can't figure out people actually liking the sound of cvxs, but if you like the sound of those kickers so much...reconing is not going to keep it the same. You do understand that it would be in essence a different sub, right? kicker does in fact use a different than normal industry standard coil, and PSI can rebuild it, but they won't send you a kit. Your build, your money, your choice.

X2

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ROCKFORDlogo.jpg

but it would sound better. its your choice but kicker isnt the car audio god everyone thinks they are.you spend millions of dollars in advertising and people will know yor name too. if you have a good product people will find it. have u ever seen a comercial FOR drugs? but yet people know where to buy and whats avalible.

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056

im not trying to sould like a dick but how are kicker CVX 15's a 100 dollar sub i mean that may be how much it is worth to you but what makes them such garbage. honestly what makes a FI SSD or a DD 3500 so much better than a CVX. i just dont under stand why you think they are such garbage. and i know a recone is going to change the sound a little but for the better i think. and if i started out with 2 subs and want to upgrade them im still farther ahead in money than i would be to have to get two or 4 new 15s.

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

Subs -- TBD

Sub Box -- Ported box 9 cubic foot tuned to 37hz for 2 15 with 140 inch port area

im not trying to sould like a dick but how are kicker CVX 15's a 100 dollar sub i mean that may be how much it is worth to you but what makes them such garbage. honestly what makes a FI SSD or a DD 3500 so much better than a CVX. i just dont under stand why you think they are such garbage. and i know a recone is going to change the sound a little but for the better i think. and if i started out with 2 subs and want to upgrade them im still farther ahead in money than i would be to have to get two or 4 new 15s.

Get one and you will see immediately.

i have heared them i used to have an ascendant audio havoc 15 and honestly it didnt sound that much different to me yeah it had a little bit cleaner lows and was like 2 db louder but to my ear it didnt really sound that much different. and i have heard Fi BTL N2's my friend has 2 of them on a rockford fosgate BD 2500 and honestly my two cvx's on my kicker zx 2500 hits just about as loud. and i dont think kicker is godly i just dont seen any point in spending 3 or 400 dollers per sub on new ones when it would only take 150 each for me to get it upgraded to what i want

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

Subs -- TBD

quallity of parts, phyisical ability. looks. kicker is an entry level to mid entry level sub. they just arent built to take the abouse of put out the sound per sub as these other subs do. and also kicker hasnt changed the suspention or motor design in like what 10 years

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056

Archived