Sonic Electronix

Hifonics Brz 1700.1D or Audiopipe 1800D for SA 12" Dual 4's ??

Why there are no vs. threads, just to sum it up in a nutshell:

It will be an endless pissing match.

There is no best.

Someone will argue that brand X is the best.

Someone will say it's not, but brand Y is the best.

Pissing match ensues.

People get pissed.

Everyone gets annoyed.

Someone chimes in without reading anything else in the thread and says that brand Z is the best.

Then the cycle starts over.

It will be a 480 page pissing match accomplishing nothing of value by the end of the month.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I woulda kept them at 2 ohms and find a amp to power them at 2 ohms, better efficiency.

Lol no!

1800/14 = 128.57 amps of current draw no matter what. If anything, the amp would work harder at 2 ohms because the rails would have to produce twice the voltage to get the same power...

then explain why every amp ever run cooler at higher impedances.

Simple Ohms Law? 130 amps at 2 ohms is the same as 130 amps at 12 ohms? When the impedance doubles the amp has to work twice as hard to make the same power...

I think what he and you meant was that if you run an amp at half its rated power it would be more efficient, which is true. A 3000 watt amp making 1200 is going to run cooler than a 1200 watt amp making 1200 because it's less stressed. But when you double impedance it doesn't get any more efficient lol. Tell you what, wire your amp to like 8 ohms and run it as hard as you can. I bet it gets hella hot cuz it has to 8x the workload.

Ay buddy, I never said to make that amp do 1 ohm rated power at 2. I simply said, just find an amp that can run that power at 2 ohms. Which if it was stable at 1, would more than likely do atleast 70% more power then 2 ohms but have a lower efficiency at 1ohm. Ok?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Ay buddy, I never said to make that amp do 1 ohm rated power at 2. I simply said, just find an amp that can run that power at 2 ohms. Which if it was stable at 1, would more than likely do atleast 70% more power then 2 ohms but have a lower efficiency at 1ohm. Ok?

Yeah...I know, I said I knew what you meant, but you worded it wrong. No need to start an argument. I was mostly responding to the "all amps run cooler at higher ohm loads" comment which is B.S.

I never once said that they run cooler at higher ohms... but what ever same here not trying to start a pissing contest

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

He was referring to Kranny saying that. He just multi-quoted the hell out of everyone lol.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I c lol

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

less voltage drop, and less heat. i'll stick with what i've been taught until someone i know for sure knows what they're talking about (not saying you dont, but i dont trust you) tells me otherwise.

That's the same thing I've learned/been taught. Go find an amp that will push 2k at 2 ohms then go find an amp that will push 2k.at 1 ohm, run them both full tilt, write down the voltage drop during the run and shoot each one with an infrared temp gun. Guarantee the one wired at 2 ohms will be cooler and have less voltage drop. Thus being more efficient.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

That's the same thing I've learned/been taught. Go find an amp that will push 2k at 2 ohms then go find an amp that will push 2k.at 1 ohm, run them both full tilt, write down the voltage drop during the run and shoot each one with an infrared temp gun. Guarantee the one wired at 2 ohms will be cooler and have less voltage drop. Thus being more efficient.

Yup, you could also try and find an amp that'll do 2k at 4 ohms, woot woot!

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm