Help wiring an LED rocker switch!!!

I might have just been the brand of switch, it was pretty cheap. I will just invest in a more trusted brand lol.

what do you have the switch wired to? lights? if so, it would have abslutly nothing to do with when your subs turn on lol and there about the same on that site

I used to have LEDs under the dash that I used the rocker switch for, recently I threw out the old switch and I want to get a new clean one with a blue light for the amp.

I done it the same way it use to stay on, but idk what I did and now it turns on when the amp turn on does so maybe switch the bat and the amp turn on around and see if that works maybe u hooked it up incorrectly

That's weird, I'm not very good with electronical wiring just yet. I wish mine had done that ha

maybe you can try it this way

5Xcp-19.jpg

that looks like the same, except the accessory and the power are switched?

That could have been what you did wrong.

If the power and acc are switched then the LED side of the switch could get constant power regardless of switch position. The switch will still work fine otherwise.

If that doesn't work you could always use a relay and use 30 to supply the 12v switched and use your amp turn on to trigger the relay from terminal 86...

So relay would look like this:

85 ground

86 12v switched

87 12v constant

30 output to the 12v switched side of the switch

Or like others said get a switch that works >.> I just ordered up some that look exactly like that and I'm hoping not to have to use relays on them to keep them from illuminating constantly...

I don't get it. You ask us how to wire it up but in the same post, you include a diagram of how to wire it up. lol.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

I don't get it. You ask us how to wire it up but in the same post, you include a diagram of how to wire it up. lol.

It's the diagram that I followed, and It didn't work the way I was expecting. It was probably the cheap toggle switch that didn't allow it. I messed around with it for a while and couldn't get it to work.

If that doesn't work you could always use a relay and use 30 to supply the 12v switched and use your amp turn on to trigger the relay from terminal 86...

85 ground

86 12v switched

87 12v constant

Or like others said get a switch that works >.> I just ordered up some that look exactly like that and I'm hoping not to have to use relays on them to keep them from illuminating constantly...

If I get a new switch and it doesn't work the way I want then I will just buy an unilluminated toggle switch :glare:

85 ground

86 12v switched

87 12v constant

If I get a new switch and it doesn't work the way I want then I will just buy an unilluminated toggle switch :glare:

But that takes the fun out of it!

maybe you can try it this way

5Xcp-19.jpg

that looks like the same, except the accessory and the power are switched?

That could have been what you did wrong.

If the power and acc are switched then the LED side of the switch could get constant power regardless of switch position. The switch will still work fine otherwise.

thats what i was thinking cuz i have an illuminated rocker switch not like yours but where the entire thing lights up and when i first got it it had the same problem i tried it like this(basically) and it works like its supposed to

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

Archived