Audi A4 Avant - 2 Fi SP4 15 - SPL Dynamics D6 (6kwrms) - Dual 210a Alts [Boot Install]

Nice work on the Audi !

I wish I could install a second alt in my car, or a bigger one easier.

I live in a French Caribbean island and we have the same cars you can find in Europe. A 3.0l - V6 is a really big engine here !!Those US engines are monstruous : 5.4l, V8, V10 !!! We can't !Gas is too expensive to drive those monsters !!!

Keep posting pics !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

That could be it. Bet you would get an idiot light, though. Probably something obscure, the last thing you'll think of...

As for your installer, he does some intense work!

What ever it is I hope it's something simple (and cheap! lol)

Nice work on the Audi !

I live in a French Caribbean island and we have the same cars you can find in Europe. A 3.0l - V6 is a really big engine here !!Those US engines are monstruous : 5.4l, V8, V10 !!! We can't !Gas is too expensive to drive those monsters !!!

Keep posting pics !

Thank you :)

Is there nothing Mechman can do? Just had a look at the alt that fits your car and it does seem pretty similar to quite a few other alt cases I've seen. Heck I'm sure I've seen someone mention if you send Mechman your old alt in they'll be able to make a custom alt for your application that mounts without any modifications.

Likewise on the gas prices, I see people mention 10-15mpg and think the only time I would consider that is with a 500bhp luxury barge, at which point if I could afford the car I would be able to afford the running costs, never as a daily driver! At least I'll be able to enjoy my 40+mpg soon with a little bass ;)

Audi A4 Avant

Dual 210a Alts - Spl Dynamics D6 - 2 x Fi SP4 15

Boot Install

So i guess we'll see the avant in about a week or two huh??? I'm trying to get a 05 audi avant 3.0 quattro, but the money isn't in order at the time but i love the drive and feel of it when i used to drive it though. but for now i have my little 2001 VDub jetta wagon 2.0 with 4 15's and nobody i know or meet wants to sit in it. Pray for me i'm going 2 fi sp4 18's but if i get the avant in the next couple of weeks i'll be doing the same as my VDub. God bless you and i hope the build fully surpasses all your expectations!!! Cuz i know it will!!! :morepower1:

That could be it. Bet you would get an idiot light, though. Probably something obscure, the last thing you'll think of...

As for your installer, he does some intense work!

What ever it is I hope it's something simple (and cheap! lol)

Nice work on the Audi !

Keep posting pics !

Thank you :)

Is there nothing Mechman can do? Just had a look at the alt that fits your car and it does seem pretty similar to quite a few other alt cases I've seen. Heck I'm sure I've seen someone mention if you send Mechman your old alt in they'll be able to make a custom alt for your application that mounts without any modifications.

Likewise on the gas prices, I see people mention 10-15mpg and think the only time I would consider that is with a 500bhp luxury barge, at which point if I could afford the car I would be able to afford the running costs, never as a daily driver! At least I'll be able to enjoy my 40+mpg soon with a little bass ;)

Yes, Mechman can do something for me. I asked them, but it will only be custom. Have to send them an alt so they know what to do.

It is too expensive for me, for now. Maybe some day !!

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

So i guess we'll see the avant in about a week or two huh??? I'm trying to get a 05 audi avant 3.0 quattro, but the money isn't in order at the time but i love the drive and feel of it when i used to drive it though. but for now i have my little 2001 VDub jetta wagon 2.0 with 4 15's and nobody i know or meet wants to sit in it. Pray for me i'm going 2 fi sp4 18's but if i get the avant in the next couple of weeks i'll be doing the same as my VDub. God bless you and i hope the build fully surpasses all your expectations!!! Cuz i know it will!!! :morepower1:

But really keep us posted, i'd love to see the finished product!!!

Hopefully within that time frame yes. The Avants are very nice car, I'm sure you'll get one soon. You thinking of walling the Avant? What I will say is from my previous install I can say they are very bass friendly cars, I have next to no sound deadening but the car barely used to flex and the bass itself developed nicely inside which is probably partly down to the relatively low cabin peak frequency.

Thanks for the kind words though, as soon as I get any updates/pics I sure as hell will post them on here as soon as I can :)

Yes, Mechman can do something for me. I asked them, but it will only be custom. Have to send them an alt so they know what to do.

Getting my 2 alts done wasn't cheap, heck my previous car couldn't have a different alt fitted so you know what I did? Sold the car!

Audi A4 Avant

Boot Install

But really keep us posted, i'd love to see the finished product!!!

Hopefully within that time frame yes. The Avants are very nice car, I'm sure you'll get one soon. You thinking of walling the Avant? What I will say is from my previous install I can say they are very bass friendly cars, I have next to no sound deadening but the car barely used to flex and the bass itself developed nicely inside which is probably partly down to the relatively low cabin peak frequency.

Thanks for the kind words though, as soon as I get any updates/pics I sure as hell will post them on here as soon as I can :)

Getting my 2 alts done wasn't cheap, heck my previous car couldn't have a different alt fitted so you know what I did? Sold the car!

You know you're a basshead when...

I'm gonna hate

Right some more pics. Went to see the installer yesterday and got to have a look at one of the SP4s. A nice fully loaded Fi SP4 15 finished with a red Fi dust cap, enjoy :)

480a2c05.jpg

f2d3b508.jpg

20ac0a75.jpg

20ea68fa.jpg

Audi A4 Avant

Boot Install

Archived