Second Skin Audio

How much port should this 4th order have?

BEEMDUB

Actually your better off with separate chambers for two reasons helps keep box rise down and if by chance you do cook a woofer they are in separate chambers so the other sub would not go along with it.

Your port area is too small based on what I have read should be in the 110sq inches range.

you are doing a 1:1 ratio box should be at least 2:1. Everything that I have read about 4th orders is the bigger the ratio the more output you get. You cant tune a 4th order like you tune a normal box.

you would be better off going 1ft3 per sealed enclosure with some polyfill in each chamber and adding the cube you save to the ported chamber side that way you can at least get a 2:1 ratio.

Actually your better off with separate chambers for two reasons helps keep box rise down and if by chance you do cook a woofer they are in separate chambers so the other sub would not go along with it.

Your port area is too small based on what I have read should be in the 110sq inches range.

you are doing a 1:1 ratio box should be at least 2:1. Everything that I have read about 4th orders is the bigger the ratio the more output you get. You cant tune a 4th order like you tune a normal box.

you would be better off going 1ft3 per sealed enclosure with some polyfill in each chamber and adding the cube you save to the ported chamber side that way you can at least get a 2:1 ratio.

Hmm I think I may be misunderstanding... I thought 2:1 meant that the ported chamber vs one sealed chamber not the entire sealed vs entire ported section....damnit lol

Archived