Second Skin Audio

How much port should this 4th order have?

BEEMDUB

I wanna build a 4th order, this is my first time even designing one so go easy lol How much port should this have? I want the port in the front of the box in the center cuz I wanna port it through the armrest I want it tuned to 45hz btw..

Also how the hell do you get subs out of a 4th order without destroying it? If I build it now I would put my sa-12s in it but I'm getting to x-12s when they come out..

scrnshtdimensions-1.jpg

I have no experience with 4th orders, but from what I've seen that should be plenty of port area for your SA-12's.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

i have ZERO experiance, but, looking at other members that give it a go, that shit is tested, changed, re-done, scrapped, done again, over and over .......... hope you can get it where YOU want it... good luck, and give it hell. Its beyond my simple is usually best and works idea...

I have no experience with 4th orders, but from what I've seen that should be plenty of port area for your SA-12's.

i have ZERO experiance, but, looking at other members that give it a go, that shit is tested, changed, re-done, scrapped, done again, over and over .......... hope you can get it where YOU want it... good luck, and give it hell. Its beyond my simple is usually best and works idea...

Thanks guys your guesses are about as good as mine haha basically I understand most of what goes on with a 4th order but the port is the only thing that confused me because I wasn't sure how to calculate how much I need....and now I'm also wondering how to make the frontt of the box removeable so I can get the freakin things out if needed without destroying the box lol

12-13sqin per cuft of the ported side.

Thats a good starting point

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

12-13sqin per cuft of the ported side.

Thats a good starting point

Alright so my ported side is about 3 cubes which would put me at 39 sq in of port and as of now im my design I have 81 lol .... what kinda tuning would that get me?

I have no fourth order experience, but I can suggest using barbed insert nuts to attach the front piece so you can easily remove it anytime you need to access the subs. I've seen them used alot for removable ports. In fact, Steve Meade used them for the plexi on is isf box build.

Edit- actually they are called BARBED INSERT NUTS, not hurricane nuts.

Archived