Second Skin Audio

Help me build my box?

Just a fyi:

A box that is 35wide, 22 deep, and 15+inches is going to be VERY hard to fit in many trunk openings.

I really hope you "box designers" are accounting correctly that these boxes will fit in the trunk opening that you have no idea on a size of.

2sa12-1.png

So far this looks the most promising, however Id ditch the center divider and increase the triangle in the middle of the port, and 45 the corners of the port to accommodate the 45.

Something like this...

2012-03-31164804.jpg

2012-03-31223607.jpg

or

2012-02-23045404-1.jpg

This was before the baffles where routered for the port, and the 2nd baffle installed, and edges rounded on the port mouth.

The divided port only has 1 gain, and that's when or if you blow a sub, the sub still see's the same airspace. However you lose valuable space, especially in a trunk!

Edited by Audiofanaticz

very nice looking box

you can certainly tell the difference between boxes when you have all the right equipment,

i have to buy my corner bits as i dont have a table saw (but at $1per 3ft its not thats bad)

as for the corner in the port, it was a slight overview due to being nilly 3am over here,

questions were asked about trunk opening and deepth restrictions

mine for 2 sa8 before front baffle fitted

box.jpg

Trial fitting 5/8 plexi before it gets sandblasted with logo in it, then 4ft of blue led heat shrink will be fitted around the outside to show logo

512053.jpg

Edited by john253a