Sonic Electronix

Hello I recently picked up 2 pairs of rockford fosgate T1652-S component speakers and have a couple questions on them.

First, only one of the pairs has tweeters (I got them used) and if I connect all four crossovers can I send the wires for the midbass speakers to each individual speaker but connect the tweeter outputs from two crossovers to 1 tweeter?

Here is a picture to help show the idea, excuse my paint skills.

Regular wiring:

tweetersetup.png

What I'm wondering if is possible:

tweetersetup2.png

Next, I'm wondering how I should have the axis switch and dB switch set.

The component set in the door has the tweeter right up by the rearveiw mirror and the midbass speaker right at the bottom of the door next to the kick panel. As for the dB switch I'm not sure at all how to set it and could use some advice.

Here is the what the manual says about the switches:

t1652s.png

Also, I'm not sure if it is important or not but for now these will only be running off the head unit until I can save up for a 4 chanel.

Thanks in advance!

not exactly sure on what you should do but I will tell you that I'm pretty sure that second paint drawing is not a good idea.. and as for the axis and db attentuation play around with them, you will most likely end up with the attenuation switch at 0db and the axis off...different with different setups though

Go with the first drawing all the way the second one will totally butcher the signal going to the speakers connected off that tweeter output plus you can fry that x-over made for the tweeters and mids.

For using it with the headunit you deff want to make it so that for the 4 channel outputs on the radio that they go individually to the 4 x-overs. For example your front left mid & tweeter should have that hooked to the front left of your headunits outputs. Also for that you are not bi-amping the signal so you would then hookup the outputs from the headunit to the mid input on the x-overs. You will love hearing these with higher power for sure, i run these in my truck and i love them. The tweeters arent all that awesome for my liking from messing with ascendant audio mayhem tweets i have but they do their job well.

If you have questions let me know.

edit: the axis should be set to on if the speaker is aimed toward your ears, off axis if aimed away from your ears. I personally never noticed any difference in it so it really shouldnt bother anything to use it or not as long as everything is hooked up right. Now for the attenuation if you have the tweeter setup in a low spot like low in your doors you want it to +2db to help louden the tweeter and get the high notes up to your ears. If the tweeter is mounted up high like you wanted by your mirrors you should use 0 or maybe even -2 if its too loud and crackly sounding for your liking. Its kinda like boosting or cutting down the signal, you never want to hear the tweeters crackling or making like hissing noises when playing music, thats overdriving them and your just asking to burn out the diaphragm on the tweeter.

Edited by kickass audio

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

So I have them installed and it seemed to sound best with the dB set to -2.

As for the axis i tried it out and it seemed to sound better set to on, I'm no sure if it actually did or if it was just my mind telling me it sounded better.

My next question is since I don't have rear tweeters to connect to the rear channels, should i hook up the crossovers and just not have a tweeter connected or just leave the rear speakers as a full range speaker?