anyone use the AVH-P8400BH yet?

Gonna be getting this headunit in a little over a month after graduation rolls around. I usually like to mess with the headunit before I buy it, but Bestbuy doesn't have it out on the floor yet, and it seems like I'm going to order it blindy (not being able to use it beforehand). I don't think I'll be disappointed, but I wanted to get some peoples opinions on it before I pull the trigger in 3-4 weeks.

Seems like a great headunit that has tons of features I won't even know what to do with all of them.

Anyone use it yet?

Thanks

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

Good to know! It's a lot of money, so I hope I'm getting my money's worth...

Does anyone know if my current steering wheel interface will work with this Pioneer? I have the PAC SWI-JACK interface hooked up to my Kenwood KDC-BT945U right now.

First System

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

I was looking at these the other day. Sure in the hell is cheaper then the single din flip out they have. Looking for a new car anyway so this will come in handy.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Good to know, I may hold off on the steering wheel control interface. The only thing I really use is the volume controls anyway...

What bypass should I use for the parking brake? Supposedly the newer Pioneers will not work with using a simple Relay to bypass it anymore.

First System

You should post how you like it once you get it. I have had my eye on that one for a couple weeks now. I like the layout kind of like the app headunit but much nicer. I was also glad to see they used 4v pre outs.

You should post how you like it once you get it. I have had my eye on that one for a couple weeks now. I like the layout kind of like the app headunit but much nicer. I was also glad to see they used 4v pre outs.

I was dead set on the AppRadio 2, until I saw this. A little more expensive, but the 4v preouts are so much nicer than the two 2v the Appradio 2 had. This has much more features like the DVD player & the list goes on. I definitely will post a video or two when I do get it, I think I should be pretty darn happy with it...coming from a Kenwood single din.

First System

I've had this installed for about 3 weeks now and love it. I bought it off Amazon.com for $510, and bought the parking brake bypass from there as well. It was $20, and was really simple to install. Get the 201S cable to go with it. Great headunit.

C9C4C3E8-3F69-494B-94BC-C53A89C67B7F-832

767908B5-3C29-4973-945F-BFBBA1D2C64C-832

All my experience with the newer kenwood head units have been ummm well not bad but they are just super slow. I couldn't stand the amount of time my 700$ deck took to change a song. However my single den flip out pioneer was much faster. My local shop said the new kenwood stuff is just slow. So I changed my other headunit over to a pioneer. Much happier.