Clarion eqs746 lights dim. Anyone else with this problem?

I just got the eqs746 eq and the blue lights on it dim with the beat of the deck. Amps are off. Just cd player playing music to speakers. Bass on deck is at 0. Car started or not still dims those lights. Big 3 is done. I have 2 shuriken batteries. Bt100 under the hood and bt120 in the back so trust me its no voltage drop issue. Dash or headlights don't dim even with subs on. Just this eq. I ran the remote wire to deck remote, the power I ran a seperate wire straight to the front batter to see if itd stop the dimming (it didn't) and ground is to frame in dash (seperate from anything else) anyone else got this problem? Or is it a problem at all, is it normal operation to dim like that?

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

How bad is it dimming? Mine had that problem until I threw another battery in the back. Mine is wired up directly with the radio. Power from EQ to the power on H/U. Remote to remote, ground to ground. No problems with it dimming at all anymore.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

How bad is it dimming? Mine had that problem until I threw another battery in the back. Mine is wired up directly with the radio. Power from EQ to the power on H/U. Remote to remote, ground to ground. No problems with it dimming at all anymore.

It dims pretty good. Defanitly enough to notice. You think maybe a bad ground?

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3

i would change the ground then see.

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

Is the eq grounded well?

I'd say so but that's the only thing I can think of that would cause this. Ill pull it all out again and give it a different ground.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3

Yea, check the ground..... Run it off of a known ground like the radio if it's easy to splice into. If not, get some sandpaper and sand down a metal piece and mount it there.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Yea, check the ground..... Run it off of a known ground like the radio if it's easy to splice into. If not, get some sandpaper and sand down a metal piece and mount it there.

Nope. Ran it to every ground possible. Even ran it directly to the battery. Still dimming. I found the culprit. It's the remote. I put it directly on my power wire and no dimming what so ever. I guess that remote is dropping power and causing it to act like its going I shut off for split seconds.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3

Gotcha. Just run the remote from the EQ to an accessory in the fuse box. Make sure it's an accessory that turns on when you turn the key to the "acc" or "on" position.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Problem was for some reason the remote wire was only sending out almost exactly 12 volts from the headunit an would fluctuate with the beat causing my eq to dim with the beat.

Solution was route a wire directly from front battery to a toggle switch and run the amplifier and the eqs remote wire to the toggle and no more dimming at all. Yes it now means that I have to physically turn my eq and amp on via toggle but this seems to be my best, cheapest solution to cure that low voltage remote wire from my headunit.

Thanks for your input guys

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.