Sonic Electronix

hi there i have a db audio 15'' xtinct,i was playing it loud a few days ago until i noticed a loud rattling sound,i went to check the sub and it sounded like tinsel slap,so i took the sub out of the box and noticed the spider has come apart from the cone.as i know this can be fixed.what glue could be ideal for this?

You ripped the triple joint good luck fixing it ..ohm the coils..and you use CA glue

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Think the only repair is a replacement of the whole thing. I don't know much about repairing of subs. But, from how it sounds it is not repairable.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

looks like this.the sub plays fine,its when its loud there a loud rattling sound which is annoying

The rattle is going to happen if it is ripped like that. Like I said I have not done repairs or know to much. But, isnt there a way to recone it? Not sure what comes with the reconing. But,, just throwing an idea out there.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

just fyi the only time triple joints fail or spiders at that point there is something seriously wrong with your box or was over powering them or playing full tilt way out of tunning

so fix that problem frist or its going to happen again

Have you ever had your woofers blown?