Looking for someone who knows relay switches

Looking to get 4 of these http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38996_Xscorpion-FAN3.html and would like to have a switch that would go half speed/full speed.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Is that fan variable speed? Looks like it may be a single speed motor, you may wanna look for one that says dual speeds.

I could be wrong but don't think so...

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Yep I was right, single speed fan.

Not a bad price on those at all... May have to grab a few also

Edit: Yeah what he said, a potentiometer is what you would need to adjust the speed.

Can I ask why you want to adjust their speed?

Edited by Purplehaze

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

you can get them with the 3 wires and hook it up to a 3 way switch.but with .15 amp draw its not going to be pushing much air anyway.

Henry Ford once received a letter from a depression-era bank robber responsible for the deaths of several law enforcement officers, killed in their attempt to stop him as he fled the crime scene. In his letter, he thanked Mr. Ford for making his Model A Ford such a good getaway car.

Well I was under the impression, depending on how you wire a pair to the battery dictates the Voltage it receives. Was seeing if there is a way I can wire them to a switch, so one way is Series and other is Parallel so one is higher than the other. Or will that not work and I have to do what you guys where saying?

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Im no pro, but I wonder if something like this would work when trying to change the fan speed.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ab795c025

or this looks dope too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Remote-LED-Light-Dimmer-Controller-Brightness-Adjustable-Control-12V-8A-/110878630879?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d0e1a3df

Edited by cccmaa

Im no pro, but I wonder if something like this would work when trying to change the fan speed.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ab795c025

Actually that could probably work.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

yeah that would work, the wiring of the relay would be the normal way though, have your remote switch from hu activate the relay coil, other side of coil to ground, Then use 12v from battery to NO1, C1 to fans. NO2 to 12v, C2 to the remote turn ons of the amps or devices you wish to turn on besides the fan. To install the pot, wire it in between the relay and the fans. As far as wanting to just wire the fans 2 different ways, it would require a 2nd relay plus a switch, I think the 1 relay pot is a much simpler and better way to do it, you will have more control over speed. Personally though I would just forget the pot and just wire them up with the relay.

Edited by bassface

yeah that would work, the wiring of the relay would be the normal way though, have your remote switch from hu activate the relay coil, other side of coil to ground, Then use 12v from battery to NO1, C1 to fans. NO2 to 12v, C2 to the remote turn ons of the amps or devices you wish to turn on besides the fan. To install the pot, wire it in between the relay and the fans. As far as wanting to just wire the fans 2 different ways, it would require a 2nd relay plus a switch, I think the 1 relay pot is a much simpler and better way to do it, you will have more control over speed. Personally though I would just forget the pot and just wire them up with the relay.

Did you even read what am trying to do? I am only trying to put a switch on the fans, nothing else. :( I am just going to wire all the fans to the battery solo, full speed.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm