Sonic Electronix

Just wondering, has anyone ever had any experience with HIFONICS? is the quality of two HIFONICS HFX12d4 be comparable? i know the quality of build on terminals inst even comparable, but as i said the ride wont be used much also, it wont be shown to anyone who would know any brand comparisons.

Im a broke student. still manage to have a pretty good system though.. (at least i think)

lol at suggesting running 1500w through 600w worth of subs.

get a smaller amp, obviously. you of all people should know not to run that much power to small subs. especially to someone who doesn't know that much.

Wow Kranny, your answer to a 29 post noob, :bad: me. There more post´s of you in this style, in the last times.

That is like the big 12 K post Kranny, tell the :noob: "I know alot, but have only time to spit about the other posts and :nothingtoadd: ,

till another SMD member give you the right guess and maby i give a blessing on this if i want.

Thats superficial, unperceptive and a little arrogant. Have this to be in this form from you?

I try to do it better and give a 2nd guess.

To the Op, on your side i would take a 15 from the IVX D 4 subs and run him on http://www.ebay.com/...499%2520W&rt=nc a Alpine MRP 450.

There is one for 65 $ and if you want + 11 for warranty and another in auction.

I guess you the 15 in case of the more conearea = louder. Build a proper box and your brother will have a nice substage for near 200 buck´s.

Edited by Watch the bass

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

lol at suggesting running 1500w through 600w worth of subs.

get a smaller amp, obviously. you of all people should know not to run that much power to small subs. especially to someone who doesn't know that much.

Wow Kranny, your answer to a 29 post noob, :bad: me. There more post´s of you in this style, in the last times.

That is like the big 12 K post Kranny, tell the :noob: "I know alot, but have only time to spit about the other posts and :nothingtoadd: ,

till another SMD member give you the right guess and maby i give a blessing on this if i want.

Thats superficial, unperceptive and a little arrogant. Have this to be in this form from you?

I try to do it better and give a 2nd guess.

To the Op, on your side i would take a 15 from the IVX D 4 subs and run him on http://www.ebay.com/...499%2520W&rt=nc a Alpine MRP 450.

There is one for 65 $ and if you want + 11 for warranty and another in auction.

I guess you the 15 in case of the more conearea = louder. Build a proper box and your brother will have a nice substage for near 200 buck´s.

Thank you for the information, that would be more along the lines my brother is looking for.

,Ian

Im a broke student. still manage to have a pretty good system though.. (at least i think)

Just wondering, has anyone ever had any experience with HIFONICS? is the quality of two HIFONICS HFX12d4 be comparable? i know the quality of build on terminals inst even comparable, but as i said the ride wont be used much also, it wont be shown to anyone who would know any brand comparisons.

Yes I got two HIFONICS HFX12d4 in my daughters car on a Rockford 800.2 and they handle the power fine since they are rated at 400 rms. you cant beat the price on them either 35.00 shipped each.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251015611042?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_701wt_1396

Holy skar nut hugger. Id sheer away from them, I just don't like them.

Try the hifonics deal, 2 12"s for 50 shipped. Good deal right there!

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Holy skar nut hugger. Id sheer away from them, I just don't like them.

Try the hifonics deal, 2 12"s for 50 shipped. Good deal right there!

Ya thankyou, that seems a bit more reasonable for somthing not for a normaly used ride, ordering soon

if you get an amp... that alternator is only puttin out 85-95 amps MAX...... at least half of that is used to run the car..... voltage drop happens really easy on our subarus.... im running a sony xplod 1000w amp that doesnt put out much in the way of rms wattage and i had voltage drop down to close to 10 volts. just something to think about.....

i ended up with 3 batteries all together with 4 gauge for the amps and the big 3 as well as all the grounds in the engine compartment sanded down to bare metal and re-attached because subaru likes to paint the car before attaching the grounds so all are very poor grounds. i can easily run a higher wattage amp now as i have no voltage drop what so ever. also if its a wagon you will hate the roof rattle.....its horrible. these cars can get loud on not alot of power also ( well the wagons can)

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

if you get an amp... that alternator is only puttin out 85-95 amps MAX...... at least half of that is used to run the car..... voltage drop happens really easy on our subarus.... im running a sony xplod 1000w amp that doesnt put out much in the way of rms wattage and i had voltage drop down to close to 10 volts. just something to think about.....

i ended up with 3 batteries all together with 4 gauge for the amps and the big 3 as well as all the grounds in the engine compartment sanded down to bare metal and re-attached because subaru likes to paint the car before attaching the grounds so all are very poor grounds. i can easily run a higher wattage amp now as i have no voltage drop what so ever. also if its a wagon you will hate the roof rattle.....its horrible. these cars can get loud on not alot of power also ( well the wagons can)

Thank you very much

Then you sir were doing something very wrong.

I had 1700 rated watts on my stock alt before I bought my singer (Subaru outback 2003 2.5l) and dropped to 13v at idle, 13.9 moving. You must have had a bad ground or a loose connection because our cars actually have pretty solid voltage with the big 3 upgraded.

Anyways, OP: look for an amp that has just about the rms rating of your sub or a little more. The reason I say this is because I'm going to take a shot in the dark and assume you do not own a DD-1 or O-scope to tune your amp, making it very simple to clip your equipment. When you get into the clipping realm, then add overpowering to the mix, you are lucky not to blow equipment.

Look for something reputable in the 250-500 watt rms range and you should be golden on that ivx, I wouldn't go any higher power wise without knowing its clean power.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw