Second Skin Audio

fiberglass reinforcement

fiberglass is fairly flexible over one large flat area. thats why you always see it in tube or round shapes or with ridges to create more strength. it'll be a lot cheaper to just put another layer of wood on there or brace with a dowel or something. you're just going to throw money away on fiberglass.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

depends on power, and whats going in the box.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I have seen an earlier thread somewhere in here that shows a guy using pieces of rope saturated in resin to reinforce the inside of a fiberglass enclosure. The pieces of rope change the surface from flat to curved and are very good for bracing. As far as throwing money away on fiberglass, some people prefer it over wood. It looks much nicer when finished properly and you can build any shape you want from it.

Edited by bassface

fiberglass is fairly flexible over one large flat area. thats why you always see it in tube or round shapes or with ridges to create more strength. it'll be a lot cheaper to just put another layer of wood on there or brace with a dowel or something. you're just going to throw money away on fiberglass.

i agree , double up on the wood . go take a look at the hardware store see what they got , steel pipe with flanges that you can screw or bolt is what comes to mind and if they don't have a length you like a plumbing shop can cut and rethead them

I have seen an earlier thread somewhere in here that shows a guy using pieces of rope saturated in resin to reinforce the inside of a fiberglass enclosure. The pieces of rope change the surface from flat to curved and are very good for bracing. As far as throwing money away on fiberglass, some people prefer it over wood. It looks much nicer when finished properly and you can build any shape you want from it.

except this isnt a fiberglass box he is talking about. he's talking about adding fiberglass to a wood box for structural integrity. good job reading the question boss.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Doubling up on wood is not an option, I've already completed 3 thick layers of glass on the internal walls, my question is, how many more should I go. I skipped rope because I need the interior walls to be smooth. The baffle is complete, 1.5 inches sandwiched with 1/4 inch of glass. Sub is a dd9512I

Edited by purplesyrup
XS-power1.jpg

i see , here's a thought , maybe you would only need build up certain strategics places at this point , say towards the middle more than the edges . sounds like your box should be pretty strong already . i guess if it were me and i had any doubt i would rather be over built than under built