Second Skin Audio

Can someone figure out what this is tuned to

build a new box

No point to, within a month I will be getting a new sub anyways. Will just keep them in this box for now until I feel like building a new one for them for inside my house. Going to tune that shit to like 15Hz or something lool

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Well your theory doesn't work with my setup then. No it is not in and running, but rest assured I have had many hours bullshiting with it. anything under 30 Hz starts to bottom out the sub. I can play some songs that are 30-32Hz but most I cannot.

Edit: Recommended 2.4cu total for 2 woofer, I have one inverted one normal for space issues.

Not exactly theory. Don't try at full tilt.

At tuning most of your output comes from the port and your cone moves very little due to rise.

edit: you are tuned pretty high then.

28hz is high??

he only has 2.5 cubes

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Well your theory doesn't work with my setup then. No it is not in and running, but rest assured I have had many hours bullshiting with it. anything under 30 Hz starts to bottom out the sub. I can play some songs that are 30-32Hz but most I cannot.

Edit: Recommended 2.4cu total for 2 woofer, I have one inverted one normal for space issues.

Not exactly theory. Don't try at full tilt.

At tuning most of your output comes from the port and your cone moves very little due to rise.

edit: you are tuned pretty high then.

28hz is high??

he only has 2.5 cubes

He's saying that because of how I said I cannot hit below 30Hz and can only play mostly tones or some music that is 31-32. Other than that I cannot play below 33Hz to well. It seems like my car has 2 peaks. It seems to get pretty violent at 52-54Hz, which I am guessing is from the cars peak. And around 36-37Hz which I am going to guess is the boxes peak.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm