installed Kinetik HC600, now subs underpowered?

So yeah... I installed the 'power cell' right before the sub(s) amp & made sure everything's hooked up correctly. For some reason though, the subs come on but barely move at all. The Kinetik battery has not been charged in awhile though... could that be the issue?

Check the voltage, make sure it's charging.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

charge the kinetik overnight on a battery charger. check voltage a few hours after you take it off the charger. should be around 12.6-13

darn.. no charger. this hc600 doesn't say how many amps it is. can i just pick up any ol' walmart charger as long as it's voltage regulated and/or micro processor controlled?

NO NO NO please dont..

it HAS to be a agm charger.. a regualr flooded charger will fuck that battery up sooo fast..also a good charger shouldnt go above 14v charging and mid 13s floating voltage..

heres what i did at 1st..

i went to harbor freight..they have a "charger maintainer" for literally 10$.. it works awesome never charges above 13.9 and floats at 13.7s even more help the part number is item # 42292 cen tech is the brand

that isnt your problem. take pics of how you have it installed. that will really help us trouble shoot it the most. include pics of the ground wires.

check voltage at the amp while the car is on. if voltage looks good (above 13.8v) then turn the system on and turn the volume up and check again. if either of these checks show low voltage then check voltage at the front battery. report what you find.

double check that you didnt accidentally unplug an RCA or change the gain or crossovers.

the subs were much louder before this install correct?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

darn.. no charger. this hc600 doesn't say how many amps it is. can i just pick up any ol' walmart charger as long as it's voltage regulated and/or micro processor controlled?

NO NO NO please dont..

it HAS to be a agm charger.. a regualr flooded charger will fuck that battery up sooo fast..also a good charger shouldnt go above 14v charging and mid 13s floating voltage..

i went to harbor freight..they have a "charger maintainer" for literally 10$.. it works awesome never charges above 13.9 and floats at 13.7s even more help the part number is item # 42292 cen tech is the brand

you dont want to charge above 15v. charging at 14.4v, for example, is perfectly fine.

this is a tiny battery guys. its not going to take out the whole power supply because its sat on a shelf for a couple months. i had a kinetik 1800 sit for 4 or 5 months. hooked it up to the charger and it went into float mode after 1min.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

NO NO NO please dont..

you dont want to charge above 15v. charging at 14.4v, for example, is perfectly fine.

this is a tiny battery guys. its not going to take out the whole power supply because its sat on a shelf for a couple months. i had a kinetik 1800 sit for 4 or 5 months. hooked it up to the charger and it went into float mode after 1min.

well my intellicharger doesnt ever go that high and its a GOOD charger..yes i have a intellicharger and the harbor freight one..

and thats not saying his battery is good..ive gotten a BRAND NEW battery before and it was sitting at 10.4v (and it was kinetik)

also do another ground in the back to help things out

i have an intellicharger too. thats not my point though. if charging at anything above 14v could harm the battery then every single one of our cars would have killed our batts now since the alt charges above 14v.

i have an intellicharger too. thats not my point though. if charging at anything above 14v could harm the battery then every single one of our cars would have killed our batts now since the alt charges above 14v.

90% of the chargers on the shelf say they are agm n shit.. but they charge at 15 plus thats what i was getting at..

Archived