installed Kinetik HC600, now subs underpowered?

and thats why i corrected you on the voltage limit.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

NO NO NO please dont..

it HAS to be a agm charger.. a regualr flooded charger will fuck that battery up sooo fast..also a good charger shouldnt go above 14v charging and mid 13s floating voltage..

heres what i did at 1st..

i went to harbor freight..they have a "charger maintainer" for literally 10$.. it works awesome never charges above 13.9 and floats at 13.7s even more help the part number is item # 42292 cen tech is the brand

i ended up buying that and have it connected to the battery right now. i just noticed in the instruction manual though that it says it is intended to preserve a battery's power & is not intended to charge batteries.

well, too late to take it back now so i'll see how the battery is doing tomorrow & go from there.

update a neighbor let me borrow some schumacher 15a charger. it had an 'agm' option so set it to that & letting it charge now.

ok, the battery is now fully charged. tested out the system again, and it's still doing the same thing. subs move very slightly, but you don't feel them at all. i checked to make sure everything's plugged in correctly and it is... at least i checked to make sure all the cables are going to the correct places... haven't tried disconnecting/re-connecting anything yet.

on a side note, since i moved the amp, the REM cable was then too short so i spliced together another bit of cable for it. the amp does still properly turn on/off though.

update a neighbor let me borrow some schumacher 15a charger. it had an 'agm' option so set it to that & letting it charge now.

15a amp is VERY VERY fast charge.. espically for such a small battery

and yes its meant to "preserve or maintain" a battery BUT it works just fine to charge them as long as its not 100% dead.. it just takes awhile but its a nice slow charge which is better

forreal...i had a customer bring me a 100ah battery sitting at 10.6v.. i brought it back to life with that cheap harbor freight unit.. it took about 6 days of charge but it workd and battery sits at 12.9 now..

so yes its a maintainer but if your batteries aint fully drained it does the same purpose

alright... i plugged my phone into the L/R RCa's on the rear amp(powering the subs) & then the subs started pounding like crazy... more then they ever had before actually.

i'm asuming at this point that the kinetik is installed correctly & operating just fine. there must be some power loss down the line in or near the head unit. then again, my head unit is this $200 alpine one i bought at best buy ;(

i told you it wasnt the battery lol. no one listens to me.

when installing the battery, did you unplug the RCAs? have you ever unplugged or plugged in your RCAs while the HU was on?

you know what... i bet i know what the problem is. did you disconnect your front battery when you did this? ill bet you the sub level on the HU is at 0 or -16. alpines need the sub level all the way up to 16 or 0, respectively.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i told you it wasnt the battery lol. no one listens to me.

when installing the battery, did you unplug the RCAs? have you ever unplugged or plugged in your RCAs while the HU was on?

you know what... i bet i know what the problem is. did you disconnect your front battery when you did this? ill bet you the sub level on the HU is at 0 or -16. alpines need the sub level all the way up to 16 or 0, respectively.

hi hi! ... i did not unplug the rca's when i installed battery. i also left the primary car battery connected. my only "precaution" was just making sure the stereo was turned off & the amp powered down.

also, on the alpine deck i've tried turning 'loudness' on & off, adjusted bass level to 0(i prefer -7 though as i do not want bass coming out of the mid's & high's). i have also set "subwoofer" upto 15. but the subs still don't seem to do much unless i do the 'phone to amp' thing.

• 7 months later...

my issue is kinda simular..My battery when i got it was dead..I tested it with a volt meter set on dc and it read 1 volt,the battery charger read 1.7..its a agm charger as well as a standard battery charger..I hooked up the charger and didnt really look at the battery or the charger and i came back and the charger was blinking like it was on drugs and forgot what it was doing so i disconnected and re connected the charger and sat there and watched it charge..it gets up to 7.8 volts at 32% charged before it starts blinking and i repeated and so did the charger..Can i save this battery cause it aint cheap..Could slow charging it work and could anyone advise a charger thats cheap

Archived