Sundown Audio

Power Aoustik A3000db

thegr8cody

wow... 12gauge? and this is 1 amp? I had one of these amps too, I liked it, I just had a bad experience with my first one blowing up in my face

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i think i might just try it at 1 ohm

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

get a extra batt or 2 if you dont have one, them pa3000dbs are power hungry @1ohm

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

manual says they pull upwards of 190 amps @ full tilt. wither way it doesn't matter to me. for 300 bucks per amp, I will suprise the fuck out of people. They are MUCH louder than the Sundown 1500's I was running strapped.

Edited by 01xtreme

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

ran the pa3000s and the sundowns at the same ohm load?

sundown.jpg

ran the pa3000s and the sundowns at the same ohm load?

yes. same subs, box, wiring, everything. All I did was change out the amps. There was a fairly big difference between the two. Since everyone is saying they will only do 1200-1600 watts they should think again, because sundowns are well known to be underrated and my PA's were louder. I have even had people who sat in my car before ask me if I changed anything, so it must have been some difference. I am not saying they do rated power by any means, but come on, they're 300 dollar amps. If they put out rated power everyone and their mother would be running them.

Edited by 01xtreme

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

that being said, sundowns do about 1700rms at 1ohm. theres way to many variables to nit pick, but myself i'll take a sundown 10 out of 10 times over any planet audio/poweracoustik/o2audio product

Honestly the quality of the sundown amps is beyond questioning. I however was building my system on a pretty tight budget, and couldn't afford sundowns, so I had to borrow a buddies. If I had the money to spend on better amps, of course I would ditch the A3000's for some RF, or Autotek's, or something high quality, but I only had about 650 budget for my sub amp/amps I figured i would try to see if the A3000's lived up to the hype, and IMO they do. I firmly believe that there is not a better amp out there for the money. That being said they are much better amps out there at a much higher cost.

I was running the sundowns strapped @2 ohms, so I guess I was seeing 3400-3500 watts? That means the A3000's must be doing better than that. And what are some of the variables you speak of? I literally unhooked the sundowns and hookedup the A3000's. Only thing I noticed was that the A3000's cause a much greater voltage drop. I honestly want your opinion.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

amp gains mainly, box rise, etc. sundowns are 1ohm amps and although not warrantied do the big power at low ohm loads. so with them strapped and box rise you probably werent seeing a load where the sundowns put out thier most power

amp gains mainly, box rise, etc. sundowns are 1ohm amps and although not warrantied do the big power at low ohm loads. so with them strapped and box rise you probably werent seeing a load where the sundowns put out thier most power

oh. I would think that would apply to the A3000's too. Thats cool though. I dont know much about/take into account much box rise.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)