What Does It Take To Compete?

i would say first step would be figure out what kind of money you have to put into this sport. Then take your money buy the best equipment that your money can buy, then pick a organization and a class that you want to run. Build your setup take it to a show and have fun, once you have gone to enough shows you will see what it takes to win. Once you have your equipment you can always better your setup by testing and tuning and getting the most out of your setup. Try and find a local team in your area, most teams are more then willing to lend a hand. Most important this is to have fun, cause that's what this is all about :D

there are ppl that compete with 2 6x9 s and place. all it takes is getting in the right class.

Its all about the Install !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/audioaddiction863

tripleA.jpg

Bass Race Florida State Champ runner up 139.9 2008

Bass Boxing Florida State Champ runner up Middleweight 2008

there are ppl that compete with 2 6x9 s and place. all it takes is getting in the right class.

exactly what i was going to say. the ones i've been to, i filled out a form. how many subs/amps/batteries then they put you into a class. i had 1 18" at the time so they didnt put me in a class with a pure SPL vehicle walled off with 4 18's or more. if you go once, you'll learn a lot being there and how things work. check with some car shops around you. that's how i found out about my first show. it was just by chance too

You can bassrace(and be competitive) if you can break 119.9 on music and then its more about skill then your system.(not that a good system doesnt help). I mean I have maybe 600$(amp/wire/subs/box) into my substage and we have a competitive local street-A car and a solid 129.9 bassracer.

And if its your first time at a comp most people are willing to help you out with figuring out what class your in and help you get setup. At my first I was bassracing against people with record

holding cars and others with minivans with a stock system. So you can compete with just about anything.

2009 spring fling-iasca-rookie 1-Champion. 139.4db.

"I don't do enough, I just fool around

Ya'll can go to hell, how does that sound"~ Tech N9NE

4 15" Memphis. and 1 Big ass box. <-Sold to fund more power.

Kicker l5s

it doesnt take a lot of money.. common look at me.. asince you kinda want to be like me, i dont do this to be a professional. I do it to go out and fun. I had 2 kicker comp 12's in a ported box with a pioneer 760 watt amp.. and i did 137.0 db in street b. i took 2nd place my first show..

you might be able to compete at local shows, but nationally you would get killed in street b. i think the big guys at WF are in the low to mid 150s in street b...so if you really wanna compete in dbdrag on a national level then it will take some serious money and tons and tons of time and testing...i remember reading a thread over on termpro awhile back about how much people have 'invested' in their street cars and it was anywhere from roughly $4k-$9k...

an organization like MECA doesnt carry the reputation that dbdrag has but it really does keep the cost down...if i competed last year i could have probably placed 2nd or 3rd at World Finals and i only have around $2k or a shade less in my setup...check out http://www.mecacaraudio.com and take a look at the events page...i know there are quite a few events held in ohio throughout the year, but they may not all be listed right now...

i likes me some audio stuff...

You can bassrace(and be competitive) if you can break 119.9 on music and then its more about skill then your system.(not that a good system doesnt help). I mean I have maybe 600$(amp/wire/subs/box) into my substage and we have a competitive local street-A car and a solid 129.9 bassracer.

And if its your first time at a comp most people are willing to help you out with figuring out what class your in and help you get setup. At my first I was bassracing against people with record

holding cars and others with minivans with a stock system. So you can compete with just about anything.

Exactly what I was thinking. The reason bassrace is so popular is because people dont need 100k+ wattage to do well. you can run just a daily driving vehicle, and compete is a class where you have just as much chance of winning as anybody else.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Exactly what I was thinking. The reason bassrace is so popular is because people dont need 100k+ wattage to do well. you can run just a daily driving vehicle, and compete is a class where you have just as much chance of winning as anybody else.

well.. db drag is ok too.. you dont need $$$ to be in db drag. just depends on the class..

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

well.. db drag is ok too.. you dont need $$$ to be in db drag. just depends on the class..

it really depends on how competitive you wanna be. i mean, your goal could be just to win as many local shows as you can period...in that case it wouldnt cost much. but if you wanna make a trip to world finals (which would take around the mid 150s to accomplish) then cost significantly increases...

i likes me some audio stuff...

street b world record is currently 157.8. Don't let the name fool you street on a national level is just as expensive as most of the other db drag classes. There is a big debate going on right now in drag about what to do about street classes, because the price has gotten out of hand.

But if you are just looking for fun and local competition you should be able to do well... but on a national level its a different story

street b world record is currently 157.8. Don't let the name fool you street on a national level is just as expensive as most of the other db drag classes. There is a big debate going on right now in drag about what to do about street classes, because the price has gotten out of hand.

They need to take the street classes and split them up into 2 different rankings, comp cars and real street beaters.

2009 spring fling-iasca-rookie 1-Champion. 139.4db.

"I don't do enough, I just fool around

Ya'll can go to hell, how does that sound"~ Tech N9NE

4 15" Memphis. and 1 Big ass box. <-Sold to fund more power.

Kicker l5s