Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

* Sa-8 v2 * Enclosure Help


Recommended Posts

Posted

Goal:

.75^ft3 @35hz net

I'm using tores box calc and can't get the port down under 30+ inches for this tuning and I dont want a external port.

Max dimensions for width are 30inches depth and height are flexible. Should I do something other than a L-slot port.

I want to build this tomorrow can someone give me a hand.

Currently:


* Hybrid Audio Legathia 3-Way Active Front Stage


* (2) Morel Ultimo 12's


* (2) Arc Audio 1100.1 XDi v2 (Strapped @1ohm)


* (1) Arc Audio 1200.6


* RF 360.3 DSP

Posted

this is my friends sa8v2 build thats im doing for him

the drawing isnt finished as im building it and dont need it finished, i only drew it to work out port measurements

20512.png

202121.png

202122.png

Posted

How many sub and what are your other dimensions

i see 30w but height and deepth

as you can see you can fit these in very small areas

you just need to put in the time to work it all out

Posted

Goal:

.75^ft3 @35hz net

I'm using tores box calc and can't get the port down under 30+ inches for this tuning and I dont want a external port.

Max dimensions for width are 30inches depth and height are flexible. Should I do something other than a L-slot port.

I want to build this tomorrow can someone give me a hand.

Here is a box I did for a previous request : single sa8v2 @35Hz:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 35.3 Hz

Vb = 0.72 ft^3

External Height = 10 in

External Width = 22 in

External Depth = 12 in

Port Width = 1 1/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front & Back = 22 x 10

Left & Right Sides = 10 1/2 x 8 1/2

Top & Bottom = 22 x 10 1/2

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 9 1/4 x 8 1/2

Extension = 16 1/4 x 8 1/2

Assembles like this:

Capture-3.jpg

Posted

Goal:

.75^ft3 @35hz net

I'm using tores box calc and can't get the port down under 30+ inches for this tuning and I dont want a external port.

Max dimensions for width are 30inches depth and height are flexible. Should I do something other than a L-slot port.

I want to build this tomorrow can someone give me a hand.

Here is a box I did for a previous request : single sa8v2 @35Hz:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 35.3 Hz

Vb = 0.72 ft^3

External Height = 10 in

External Width = 22 in

External Depth = 12 in

Port Width = 1 1/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front & Back = 22 x 10

Left & Right Sides = 10 1/2 x 8 1/2

Top & Bottom = 22 x 10 1/2

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 9 1/4 x 8 1/2

Extension = 16 1/4 x 8 1/2

Wow, thank you. I actually just came up with something about the same except I only got 1" width for the port so I might try yours instead.

Here's what I came up with btw.

sa8tuning.png

Currently:


* Hybrid Audio Legathia 3-Way Active Front Stage


* (2) Morel Ultimo 12's


* (2) Arc Audio 1100.1 XDi v2 (Strapped @1ohm)


* (1) Arc Audio 1200.6


* RF 360.3 DSP

Posted

There is a couple of issues there and those are the vent area ratio should be kept 9:1 or below and secondly it's length, it's right at the second corner, nothing that can't be easily fixed though. The other thing is that a double baffle is not really necessary.

Posted

How do I fix this issue.

TTT.

Currently:


* Hybrid Audio Legathia 3-Way Active Front Stage


* (2) Morel Ultimo 12's


* (2) Arc Audio 1100.1 XDi v2 (Strapped @1ohm)


* (1) Arc Audio 1200.6


* RF 360.3 DSP

Posted

Why not go for something like this?

sabox.png

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Posted

Why not go for something like this?

sabox.png

I don't think 30" of port will fit in that box. I'll modify it a bit thanks tho!

Currently:


* Hybrid Audio Legathia 3-Way Active Front Stage


* (2) Morel Ultimo 12's


* (2) Arc Audio 1100.1 XDi v2 (Strapped @1ohm)


* (1) Arc Audio 1200.6


* RF 360.3 DSP

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6292 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...