Low voltage problem... with pics

now that youve figured out that your car needs a load for the alt to work like you want it to you have the option of doing an eld mod on your car...

i know this is for a honda but hatersgonnahate has a tut on how to make one seen here: http://www.stevemead...civicaccordfit/

dude its a completely different computer system. why the hell would you recommend to do a honda mod on a gm?

now that youve figured out that your car needs a load for the alt to work like you want it to you have the option of doing an eld mod on your car...

i know this is for a honda but hatersgonnahate has a tut on how to make one seen here: http://www.stevemead...civicaccordfit/

dude its a completely different computer system. why the hell would you recommend to do a honda mod on a gm?

because he just wants to get his post count up, you should know that kranny lol

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

ughh. well I went out this morning and started he car... 12.9.. running lights on 12.9... I give the hell up with this pcm regulated shit. The thing is still overheating (cooling fan not coming on when its supposed to) got a new thermostat today, Ironically when I start really buming the system the engine overheats and my voltage dropped to 12.6 !! thats lowest it's ever been. It did go back to 13.1 but still. Im looking into an MLA module to bypass that supid "know it all " computer. I would like tocharge around 14ish not 12.9. Thats my story for the day. Also, even though the dash said, "AUTO LIGHTS ON" they were not on at all. maybe theres a light sensor somewhere. Jeez anyways thats all for now.

Somethings burned up somewhere. Flipping your lights on and they don't come on.. Hmm

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Somethings burned up somewhere. Flipping your lights on and they don't come on.. Hmm

Yeah but thery are "auto" lights whatever that may mean. they only come on at dusk i assume. iven when i turned my ac on and high beams (which did come on) the voltage didn't go past 13.1 idk.

Also, I am going to a garage here on wednesday. Gonna plug it into the computer and have them take a peak. also think the thermostat and/or some temp sensor is bad under the hood. These cars are apparenty notorious for the computer controlled voltage. If something is fried, it is not done by me and was going bad anyways.

Test the alt. something isn't right

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

WTF. I just went out now that it's dusk and a tad cooler outside and the auto lights trick worked. solid 13.8 i don't know anymore. I haven't the slightest clue of what it could be. and calling gm is about worthless as it gets. I tested the alts voltage earlier and it matched what I was seeing on my dash and at my batteries.

because he just wants to get his post count up, you should know that kranny lol

i was just showing that for reference theres one for gm but i was too lazy to google it at the time...

dude seriously save yourself the trouble bypass the pcm and use an external voltage regulator as for the fan it may not be ideal but when the fan wires on my old saturn wagon burned up i took it put new wires on it and ran it to the fuse block under the hood and plugged it into an unused fuse spot on the panel where the fan would come on anytime the key was in the run possistion instead of it only coming on when the pcm told it too and it ran fine up til the day the engine blew due to lack of back pressure from not having an exhaust system...

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

we fixed it already you idiot. you just keep the headlights on and it keeps it in charging mode or whatever its called. he doesn't need to spend $200 on a fucking voltage regulator for a stock alt.

how is it trouble keeping the headlights on at all times?

edit: just read that shits overheating and stuff. a regulator isn't gonna fix that.

I kind of ran into the same problem. I have a 2008 Chevy Impala and after doing the big 3 upgrade with 1/0 cable, my voltage increased from 12.4 to 14.8. But my PCM must be trying to regulate my alternator charging to. I get a message on the instrument cluster saying battery saver mode. Would a way around this be with running the lights on? I assume this is the same problem you're running into Amart.....

Any ideas??

Archived