Low voltage problem... with pics

Ok, I got my system all together and playing today. But now my voltage rests around 12.9 - 13.1 volts. When I first start the car it is 14.4 then goes down to 12.9 I am running 2 BC3500's strapped set with DD-1. I am not seeing much if any voltage drop on the volt meter but when I turn it up the bass hits really hard at first and then sort of looses its "punch" after a few seconds. the volt meter still says 12.9 or 13

I have a 270a ohio gen alternator, does a little bit more than rated amps. 4 runs of OFC 1/0 to the back (2 power 2 ground) and there are 2 XP3000's and a d2700 in paralell also grounded to the chassis. The car is a 2006 Pontiac pursuit (2 door) so the battery came in the trunk anyways. Thanks

Here is a Pics of my trunk setup ( a little messy just got everthing working last night) does everything look ok?

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

have you tried taking them out and putting them on a trickle charger

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

This may not be the problem, but it looks like you're grounded to a flimsy piece of sheet metal. it's hard to say, but it doesn't look like the paint is sanded off.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

This may not be the problem, but it looks like you're grounded to a flimsy piece of sheet metal. it's hard to say, but it doesn't look like the paint is sanded off.

No they are bolted to a 3/8"buss bar for the grounds which is bolted to the car in 2 locations that are sanded bare. about the size of a silver dollar each. Also, the 2 ground runs to the alt bracket are on that buss bar along with 2 other seperate grounds from the bar to other spots in the trunk.

Do you have an external voltage regulator? If so that may be to blame.

Nope. Its controlled by the cars PCM. which could be the problem? I just got a direct bolt on HO alt no external requlators here. I'm kind of bummed that it is that low. I know berlow7 on youtube has a cobalt which is the same car and his voltage is in th mid 14's to low 15's so I don't know what going on. and its not dropping on the volt meter either when I play the system but like I said the loudness sort of fades after a little bit so I'm lost. and to top it all off the car seems to have developed an overheating issue over the last bit that I need fixed.... not a good day. :S at least if I can get this voltage thing sorted out i will be happy. Maybe an MLA or some type of module IDK.

Archived