Windows down = less bass?

whats your car peak at?

uhh, the hell are you talking about

acoustics are a bitch.

/thread

did u test it on a meter?

again, the hell are you talking about

as stated, every car is diffrent, mines louder with the windows down, or the drivers door open and all windows closed, but kranny pretty much put it perfectly

acoustics are a BITCH

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Every car is different. My Ram is louder with the windows down but I swear my friends Jetta is louder with them up.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

i have a envoy which is damn near the same as your car. The bravada/envoy/trailblazer/volvo line is pretty much the same stuff just a different body style and features that come standard. My envoy peaks at 49Hz and mine is louder inside with my two front windows down for hitting the super low notes but for higher notes it is loudest all sealed up.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

i just dont get why you guys are talking about peak this, peak that, talking about peak right now is like trying to talk to druggie about goats

its pointless

what hes trying to figure out is why he looses so much sound with the windows being down

heres an example OP, in my PT, if i put my back windows down even a little bit, and my front windows down completly, ill loose about 1/2 output (to my ears) as soon as there fully closed im back at 100%, when i close my windows its not as loud to my ear because the soundwaves are "trapped" in the car, this is the case in roughly 70% of cars depending on the set up(i may not be 100% correct on my definiton here)

soution for you, try a diffrent box, move the box a bit, try diffrent combonations of windows

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

could it be where the port is tuned so low, and the windows going down are lowering it even more?

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

2 Deka "Intimidater" Batteries

Big 3

Stock door speakers (For now)

could it be where the port is tuned so low, and the windows going down are lowering it even more?

hows your box set up? sub up port back?

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

Archived