Second Skin Audio

Enclosure design help

Looking for some help designing a box for my 2 DD3512's in the extended cab of a Nissan Hardbody. The dimensions I have to work with are 43.5" wide x 20" high x 11.5" deep on the top and 16.5" deep at the very bottom. I would prefer to have the subs down-firing because with those dimensions my seats will be tight against the box and the amps will be mounted on the top of the box. The port can either come out the front middle between the seats or out the left side because there will be about 8" of space between the box and sidewall because my battery is on the floor there. I will be using 3/4" MDF. I'm not looking for strictly numbers so something that is gonna get loud but at the same time sound good. Thanks in advance.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

Thanks for the help. Just wondering, would it make a BIG difference if I were to move my battery from back there giving me another 8" of width? I'm going to be putting a Chevy small block in the truck soon and should have room to put the battery back under the hood once that's done.

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

I didn't get a close look at the dimensions on the drawing earlier because I was on my phone but that won't give me any room for the subs behind the seats and there is no room for my seats to move forward which is why I was hoping I could have it down firing. I'll try to get out today and see if I can squeeze out any more space in there.

Did some more precise measuring and came up with some new numbers. 51.5" wide, 20" high, 13" deep top, 16.25" deep bottom. This allows me to have the subs down-firing with 4" of space between the bottom of the box and the floor. I put the numbers in Torres but not sure if I did everything right.

This is with the port running the length of the box along the back wall coming out the top. My cuts aren't going to be the same as the cut list here though because the sides are going to go to the floor to help hold it up. If this isn't correct or it's not a good idea to have the subs down and port up let me know how you think it should be changed.

DD3512Box.jpg