i just bought a honda 400ex this last wekk and the rear brakes didnt work. i got to looking at them and filled it back up with the correct brake fluid and found there is a leak around the block off plate. well i cant get the screws that are in it out to take the plate off. anyone got some tips to get this off? i think the guy before me tried to fix it and striped the boltstheir is no perfect fiting hey ket that i have. so how can i get this off?

and its a 2000

Edited by jake1993

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

Easy outs. I had the exact problem with my 06 suzuki z400 bumper. Bought these things from home depot, has a drill bit side you drill through the bolt with and then flip the bit over, stick the end inside your pilot hole and reverse out. It bites in and backs out the bolt.

As far as the leak if its an E-brake block off plate theres no fluid behind it, unless the pin is broken or the seal busted somewhere. In wich case its probably going to be a pain the a$s

Edited by lifted_silverado

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Which "Block off plate" are you referring to? Like lifted said, if it's an ebrake blockoff plate thats leaking from you have a bad seal somewhere inside.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

100$ is about average, if you wait it out you might find something a few bucks cheaper but it depends how long youre willing to sit on it. I would first pull the block off plate you currently have and see what the problem is.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif