Jump to content

GOT MY TWEETERS IN!!!!!!!!!


Recommended Posts

Posted

I found some old Cerwin Vega Horn tweeters laying around and figured I would use these for my doors. well long story short when I tried to locate them near the door speaker i ran into my window motor. luckily it still works fine but now I found a new place for my tweeter. Got the passenger side installed today and gonna do the drivers side tomorrow. I know everyone is gonna say you wont hear it because it is firing into the seat but I tested it out with just the passenger side today and it sits just above the seat so it is firing right towards where the passengers arm would be but since its a tweeter the high frequency seemed to carry pretty loud in my opinion. anyways here are some pics. will do the drivers side tomorrow morning and get a couple vids up tomorrow afternoon.

IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3218.jpg

Not good.....but it still works fine

IMG_3221.jpg

IMG_3220.jpg

IMG_3219.jpg

Car

1999 Dodge Stratus 2.5L V6

Deck

Kenwood DDX-512 Head Unit

Doors

(2) Diamond Audio DA6.6 6.5's

(2) Cerwin Vega 3" Horn Tweeters

(1) Alpine MRP-F240 for Doors & Tweets

Rear Deck(on factory wiring)

(2) JVC 6.5's

(2) Rockford Fosgate 6x9's

Subs firing forward

(2) Skar Audio VVX-12's

(1) MBQuart ONX1500.1D for Subs

Wiring

Cadence 4AWG for MBQuart Amp

Advance Auto 8 AWG for Alpine Amp

Cadence and Monster 4 AWG Wire to Kinetic HC1200

Batteries

Stock Replacement up front

Kinetic HC1200 in the back for the amps.

And yes "I drive a Dodge Stratus"

Here is my build log:

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

Posted

got my other tweeter in today. they sound great in person and i couldnt be happier. here is a couple vids i took today. will take a few more tomorrow. let me know what you think......

Car

1999 Dodge Stratus 2.5L V6

Deck

Kenwood DDX-512 Head Unit

Doors

(2) Diamond Audio DA6.6 6.5's

(2) Cerwin Vega 3" Horn Tweeters

(1) Alpine MRP-F240 for Doors & Tweets

Rear Deck(on factory wiring)

(2) JVC 6.5's

(2) Rockford Fosgate 6x9's

Subs firing forward

(2) Skar Audio VVX-12's

(1) MBQuart ONX1500.1D for Subs

Wiring

Cadence 4AWG for MBQuart Amp

Advance Auto 8 AWG for Alpine Amp

Cadence and Monster 4 AWG Wire to Kinetic HC1200

Batteries

Stock Replacement up front

Kinetic HC1200 in the back for the amps.

And yes "I drive a Dodge Stratus"

Here is my build log:

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

Posted

also would like suggestions on what percent tint i should get on my windows. thats my next objective.

Car

1999 Dodge Stratus 2.5L V6

Deck

Kenwood DDX-512 Head Unit

Doors

(2) Diamond Audio DA6.6 6.5's

(2) Cerwin Vega 3" Horn Tweeters

(1) Alpine MRP-F240 for Doors & Tweets

Rear Deck(on factory wiring)

(2) JVC 6.5's

(2) Rockford Fosgate 6x9's

Subs firing forward

(2) Skar Audio VVX-12's

(1) MBQuart ONX1500.1D for Subs

Wiring

Cadence 4AWG for MBQuart Amp

Advance Auto 8 AWG for Alpine Amp

Cadence and Monster 4 AWG Wire to Kinetic HC1200

Batteries

Stock Replacement up front

Kinetic HC1200 in the back for the amps.

And yes "I drive a Dodge Stratus"

Here is my build log:

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

Posted

Drilled into the window motor, didn't tell me about that!! Haha we all make mistakes lol. I've drilled through my speaker wires before. The mids in my doors are in the same location and they sound great too. Those tweeters are screamin though!!

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Posted

Enough for you to be able to see through during night period. :) I've seen some people got 15 to 20% on their window and, personally, I don't see how they can see through at night. I wouldn't risk myself doing that, though.

And nice tweeters. :)

Posted

That's dependent on your State, if your local PD are cool go with 20% but if they are sticklers about the law then save yourself the headache and get the legal limit for your state.

VA is 50% front sides, 35% back sides and back window and you can tint the windshield down to the AS1 line.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log


1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Posted

Drilled into the window motor, didn't tell me about that!! Haha we all make mistakes lol. I've drilled through my speaker wires before. The mids in my doors are in the same location and they sound great too. Those tweeters are screamin though!!

yeah it went straight into it. but surprisingly t still works fine. here is a pic of the damage. the gold piece is the part on the outer casing of the motor.

IMG_3221.jpg

Car

1999 Dodge Stratus 2.5L V6

Deck

Kenwood DDX-512 Head Unit

Doors

(2) Diamond Audio DA6.6 6.5's

(2) Cerwin Vega 3" Horn Tweeters

(1) Alpine MRP-F240 for Doors & Tweets

Rear Deck(on factory wiring)

(2) JVC 6.5's

(2) Rockford Fosgate 6x9's

Subs firing forward

(2) Skar Audio VVX-12's

(1) MBQuart ONX1500.1D for Subs

Wiring

Cadence 4AWG for MBQuart Amp

Advance Auto 8 AWG for Alpine Amp

Cadence and Monster 4 AWG Wire to Kinetic HC1200

Batteries

Stock Replacement up front

Kinetic HC1200 in the back for the amps.

And yes "I drive a Dodge Stratus"

Here is my build log:

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

Posted

anymore feedback?

Car

1999 Dodge Stratus 2.5L V6

Deck

Kenwood DDX-512 Head Unit

Doors

(2) Diamond Audio DA6.6 6.5's

(2) Cerwin Vega 3" Horn Tweeters

(1) Alpine MRP-F240 for Doors & Tweets

Rear Deck(on factory wiring)

(2) JVC 6.5's

(2) Rockford Fosgate 6x9's

Subs firing forward

(2) Skar Audio VVX-12's

(1) MBQuart ONX1500.1D for Subs

Wiring

Cadence 4AWG for MBQuart Amp

Advance Auto 8 AWG for Alpine Amp

Cadence and Monster 4 AWG Wire to Kinetic HC1200

Batteries

Stock Replacement up front

Kinetic HC1200 in the back for the amps.

And yes "I drive a Dodge Stratus"

Here is my build log:

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 837 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...