Battery Choice, and wiring Questions.

OK, so doing a little more research I found 3 possible candidates. Two from Autozone, and one from Advanced. One is there Gold Series Duralast Battery, and the second AZ Battery is the Platinum Series battery, the 3rd from Advanced is Also a Gold version Battery, with more CCA. The Gold from AZ has more CCA, and a longer Warrenty, so why is the platinum one so much more? If anybody knows why it is, and if spending the extra money is worth it, let me know.

Link to Platinum Battery (http://www.autozone....19465_351722_0_)

Link to Gold Battery (http://www.autozone....53433_401309_0_)

Link to Advanced Gold Battery (http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Battery,-Group-Size-65,-850-CCA-AutoCraft-Gold_2040468-P_2916_R%7CGRPBATTAM2_____)

Edited by 1996BLKBauer

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

Some one the the site is selling(NEW) shurkien batt for reall cheap get your self a 60batt for under 200 shipped that would be alote better then that batt(my opinion)

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

Thanks for the suggestion 209er, But to be honest, I would not want to deal with shipping just in case something went wrong. But what I did do today, while on my normal runs around town. I was at Ace Hardware and they are a Interstate Battery's Dealer, and they had the Battery I was looking at online. I was shocked to see the price $25 cheaper then online. So instead of going with Duralast and doing battery swapping, I am going to buy this Interstate Mega-Tron Plus Battery. For $125 for a good name brand, and for an upgradedish battery, I cannot go wrong. It has or is rated to have 850CCA. So it should do just fine with my small system.

I sold the Megatron's for years. When it comes to a flooded lead acid battery, they are quite good. Keep in mind that these types of batteries are not designed to be deep cycled (run flat), so avoid that at all costs. Be smart and avoid playing your stereo for extended periods of time with the engine not running.

As far as your wiring goes, my company offers complete kits (which include battery terminals) that are designed to take the guesswork out of the installation. Currently, I only offer Big 3 Kits in 1/0 AWG, but I could easily custom make one for you with 2 AWG or 4 AWG for less money. Visit our forum here or our web site (click the banner in my sig) for more info if you like. We also offer a wide variety of quality battery clamps for nearly any conceivable installation - check our web site for that.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

I sold the Megatron's for years. When it comes to a flooded lead acid battery, they are quite good. Keep in mind that these types of batteries are not designed to be deep cycled (run flat), so avoid that at all costs. Be smart and avoid playing your stereo for extended periods of time with the engine not running.

As far as your wiring goes, my company offers complete kits (which include battery terminals) that are designed to take the guesswork out of the installation. Currently, I only offer Big 3 Kits in 1/0 AWG, but I could easily custom make one for you with 2 AWG or 4 AWG for less money. Visit our forum here or our web site (click the banner in my sig) for more info if you like. We also offer a wide variety of quality battery clamps for nearly any conceivable installation - check our web site for that.

I plan on turning my system up only when the truck is running... Also I don't see a Banner in your Sig, Maybe it's the browser I am using?

I've got a megatron plus under the hood. It's overkill for my crank, and has plenty of headroom for a little audio. It's a great battery, won't dissapoint.

Good to hear, I always enjoy opinions on products I want to buy, I have yet to read a bad one for a Megatron Plus Battery.

I plan on turning my system up only when the truck is running... Also I don't see a Banner in your Sig, Maybe it's the browser I am using?

www.ceautoelectricsupply.com - I also have a forum here in the Partner's section

Thanks, I figured since your profile said Partner, that it was your site. I checked it out, and saw that you offer 3 kits, a 3 foot, 4 foot, and 5 foot application. Now I have a 1996 Ford Explorer, and the battery is on the drivers side, and the alternator is on the passenger side. What length do you suggest?

Edited by 1996BLKBauer