Second Skin Audio

Why 4th order bandpass

Ddub847

at a MIN you want 2:1 ratio the more the better

teammates car was doing 158 with 2 18's and one Batt with a 10:1 ratio :shok:

and 4th orders are the new internet fad yo your not cool unless you got a 4th order

that is a huge ass enclosure :)

what around 4ft3 sealed 40ft3 chamber with 250sq inches of port?

I have been trying to learn all I can on 4th orders right now because I want to try one and I want to know everything before I attempt. Although there is always trial and error too.

So far this is what I have been finding out.

1: Get a Dayton Audio Dats from parts express to help with determining the resonant frequencies ----> http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=390-806

2: Depending on power you are using (more power less ratio) (less power more ratio) but typically a good ratio is either 2:1 or 3:1.

3: Build your shell for the 4th order enclosure and also the sealed portion of the enclosure then mount and wire your subs up.

4: Take your Dayton Audio Dats and run a resonance sweep on the sealed enclosure. What ever you peak is, is where you want to tune your loading wall.

5: 4th orders are typically tuned higher because port velocity is responsible for your lower end

6: Port area is 2:1 or half your cone area

7: Try to keep subs on the same plane. if that is not possible then dont have parallel planes, a V formation is ok.

8: you can add poly Fill to the sealed enclosure to make a smaller sealed chamber to keep your ported chamber smaller, if size of total enclosure is a issue.

If anyone else with a little more knowledge cares to elaborate anymore on this or correct anything feel free :)

2 cubes sealed 20 cubes ported was my team mates car/build so i dont the exact specs of port

cant argue with his numbers but looks small on the sealed side unless it is stuffed with poly fill. which reminds me to update my other post.

He had a shit load of power to so I don't agree with the more power the less ratio part

your are correct. it is my understanding and you can correct me if I am wrong.

the bigger the ratio the more output you get but with less bandwidth.

This is very convenient. But I sold my Mayhem 15 to a friend and decided to practice by building him a 6th order. It's mostly finished. This is going into a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee. This is my very first time attempting a 6th/4th order, but you can see how big it is for 1 15, 2:1 ratio. 3.25:7.68 cu. If I messed up someone let me know please.

Not trying to thread jack. Just showing how big for 1 15. (and also hoping to get some constructive critisism)

IMAG0419.jpg

cant speak on 6th orders but for a 4th i say the sealed side is huge!!!

i would also 180 the sealed part so the sub is facing the loading/port wall

and Hotdog yes more output less bandwith but 4th play pretty flat no matter

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived